Can you feel the year changing?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Juniper

Re: Can you feel the year changing?

Post by Juniper »

Hey firebird I live in the Ozark hills of southern missouri. We have forty acres surrounded by national forest. It is very quiet and secluded and so dark on a moonless night that I can't see my hand in front of my face! It's my sanctuary. I know what you mean by the lightglow tylluan. I travel and set up at ren.faires ,pagan festivals,rock shows etc for a living and most of them are in or close to towns or cities. I can never sleep the first night because of the sounds,lights,and general vibes! Seems like everyone and everything is stressed and in a hurry. As far as affecting the environment the past few winters here have been very mild, our worst snowfall was in april!! Bear and mountain lion encounters are becoming more frequent because of urban sprawl. Hopefully as an ever increasing species we can collectively work together to make some changes good for the mother. Otherwise she may handle it herself!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh my...can we come camping at your place? That sounds blissful. Are you able to have a fire ring too?
My life long dream is to obtain at least 40 acres 160 would be better, to have a little Pagan nature retreat. Have been looking in the very lower part of the Monterey county in Ca. but feel opportunity after the next slipping through my hands, and the cost has doubled since I started looking about 8 years ago. There was one 42 acre property I wished I had jumped on for 99,000.oo, about 16 miles off on a dirt road which was after about 30 miles of paved road and the nearest town. Beautiful, oaks and pines, seasonal creek and pond, rocks, hills and open flat grassland, the was a small fenced enclosure with 3 one room cabins on it and a trailer. One of the cabins have been converted to and Isis theme temple. No water or electricity though. Power less of a problem, but a well is pretty important. Then some one else got it.
I get something someday!!!... then well have an Autumnal Blowout! Yes?
Blessed be the changing of the tides
Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Juniper

Post by Juniper »

It's that time again! Things are changing and I'm really looking forward to it. The sights, smells, cool air and overall spirit of autumn. Campfires actually feel nice on a cool evening and the sky clears up. Who else is excited about the changing time of year?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

About a week or so after Lughnasdah I was on my evening stroll, when I realized the air and everything else felt different. Sometimes the shift is very sublte, often times a distinctive wind stirs up and blows autumn in.
Although it may be some time before we really reap the benefits here in so Cal. It can be in the high nineties as late as mid November. :|
For our tradition , and many others, Lughnasadh marks the time when we begin our decent into the dark half of the year and for some reason, for me anyway, the shift at Lughnasadh is much easier to discern than the one at Imbolc.
Time for all the yummy harvest foods! Pumpkin spice latte is just around the corner!
Bb, ff
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Nights here are definitely cool suddenly. 59F at 4:00 AM & the heat came on Aug. 31. In past years it stayed warmer through Sept.

I just finished reading the novel Lammas Night about the British magical community coming together at Lammas in 1940 to stop Hitler's invasion much as the Spanish Armada & later Napoleon had been stopped thru the sacrifice of the bloodline of the Crown.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Our weather has been off by about a month all year. We're still in the nineties, which makes it difficult at the schools that don't have air conditioning. And that leads to some teachers body shaming girls for wearing spaghetti straps. My granddaughter had to put her jacket on at school, in 90 plus heat, because one teacher can't or won't read the district dress code.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

welllll …. in the "old" days school didn't start until after labor day. In my opinion school should start after the Equinox.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Siona

Post by Siona »

If I were back home, I'd probably be feeling autumn coming on. But I'm not, and it was 103F today so... yeah, not so much. Looking at weather in the 90s for the next 10 days. (Whereas, at home, they're looking at 70s/60s.) Doesn't start feeling like autumn until mid-late October, to me - but hey, guess that's what happens when you're from the north-east and staying in the south-west. Seasons and their changes are just a bit different here. :lol: Reminds me of when I was living in the pacific north-west, going from four distinct seasons to what felt like two, and at the time following the Egyptian ritual calendar which had three seasons. :p
missbelladonna

Post by missbelladonna »

Siona wrote:If I were back home, I'd probably be feeling autumn coming on. But I'm not, and it was 103F today so... yeah, not so much. Looking at weather in the 90s for the next 10 days. :p
Me too Siona! I live in Texas and I'm still getting sunburns lol! I do feel that fall energy coming though. It's just a feeling in the air for me? It feels like something in heart wakes up. I don't know how to describe it.
"Keep your heels, head, and standards high." -Coco Chanel

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”