King clone

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

King clone

Post by Firebird »

I just recently had the opportunity to drive thru the desert. The creosote also known as chaparral (Larrea tridentata) was in bloom nearly all the way to our destination. This is an amazing herb that had been long used by the native peoples for many types of healing. It was recently found to supress the growth of cancer tumors.
It is also one of the oldest living organisms on the planet at over 11, ooo thousand years. The plant spreads through layering which was traced back to the "King Clone" (mother plant) ... (shouldn't it be queen clone? :lol:)
https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Lands/Place ... g-Clone-ER
I managed to harvest some on the way back it. Since it still looked so good after having been snaped off 5 hours down the road, I decided to experiment with a branch and see how it faired as a cut flower. I was astonished at its refreshed look after having had some water. It is still blooming (though fading a bit now) and that was over 10 days ago. The rest I made into smudge stick.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larrea_tridentata
This feels like a very sacred and special plant. Glad I was able to frolic amongst it.
Bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: King clone

Post by Firebird »

Here is a pic of the cresote ring dubbed King Clone
Doesn't look like much here yet consider what this plant has seen in 11, 700 years :shock:
The flower is a beautiful pentad, lending more magic to sacred plant.
The flower is a bit smaller tban a dime.
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
freyja13

Post by freyja13 »

Beautiful picture. Was that taken from a phone? If so, wow! That's awesome focus. That could be nikon quality
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ty freya, it's actually from Wikipedia, couldn't get the photo from my camera to here so I borrowed this one. The photographer did not mention what kind of equipment he used.
This plant also has this lovely resinous sticky leaves that have this fresh yet sort acrid kind fragrance, I'm pretty sure can be made into essential oil. I'm going to go searching for some, I feel really drawn to this plant for some reason. It's kinda bugging me because I can't really stand the desert, it's nice to visit but I lived there once....never again.
Bb, FF
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Pallando

Post by Pallando »

I love threads like this. Anything with; 1 pictures, 2 lore, 3 nature.

TY fbf
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I love firebirdflys' nature posts like this, too. She has some other posts that are links to "nature cams," one of a nest of eagles and one of a waterfall, both in real time. And I haven't visited this forum in too long. I should spend more time here. It is one of my favorites on this board.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”