Connecting with the Earth and Herbalism

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
breaddd

Connecting with the Earth and Herbalism

Post by breaddd »

I've just noticed that as I get into herbalism and harvesting my plants, I notice the cycles of the earth more often. It's really had a calming affect on me, and it's made me more organized, happy, and aware (in general).

Is this something that other people experience too, or is it just me?

Does anyone have any theories to why this is?

As for the 'being in tune with the earth's cycles' - it's probably because you have to know when certain flowers bloom and when things are fertile. You also get outside more often. The happiness and organization is probably from having more goals and structure brought in with the harvesting, drying, and storing of herbs.

Does anyone have anything to add?
TwilightDancer

Re: Connecting with the Earth and Herbalism

Post by TwilightDancer »

Working the earth helps you to stay grounded. Connected to the life of the earth you become more in tune with yourself and everything around you.

When you have a moment please stop by the profile section and introduce yourself so we can welcome you properly. :fairy:
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Gardening has that effect on me too. I have begun to value the incredible variety of bugs and the vital role they play, and the way hardy, wild plants (weeds) move into an area and refurbish the soil's needs. Heck, I even like dirt now, it's textures and smell.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I really miss working in a garden. I have a run down the side of the house that has some plants, but nothing really wants to grow here and I'm not altogether sure why. I know a couple reasons is we have a ton of shade...which is good in our hot summers, but the earth here is completly root bound by these big trees.
When I had a vegie garden my favorite thing was turning the soil while in my bare feet....little difficult stepping on the spade, but wow the energy was amazing.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”