Herbs for Weight Loss?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
TheWhiteWitch

Herbs for Weight Loss?

Post by TheWhiteWitch »

Hi everyone! Lately, I've been pairing bad food with little to no activity. Needless to say my hourglass has collected more than a few grains of sand :shock: I didn't realize that I had gained weight until my fiancee started poking at it and bluntly addressed it as "a ring of pudge." He hasn't stopped pinching, poking, and making fun of it since. This leads to my question; are there any magickal herbs to help me lose weight? I would pair them with a healthy diet and exercise, but I am looking for herbs that will help motivate, awaken, and help me shed my "ring of pudge."
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Herbs for Weight Loss?

Post by SnowCat »

That darn sand just likes to settle in all the wrong places. I would recommend getting a check up to rule out medical issues to start with. If everything is okay there, you might want to try ashwaganda for its calming effect. Sometimes, just knocking down any stress can help. I am basing my recommendation on my visit with my internal medicine doctor. Please be sure to keep your doctor in the loop on any supplements you take.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

TheWhiteWitch wrote: I am looking for herbs that will help motivate, awaken, and help me shed my "ring of pudge."
Herbs to relieve stress are usually seditives, which doesn't pair well with the intent to be motivated.
Do you drink coffee or black or green tea? Caffeine helps me get moving.. digestive stimulants might be worth looking into as well.

But my opinion, based on what little you've said, is all you really need is the exercise and healthy food.
Of course, it takes time to lose weight. And discipline.

Consider it a magickal act of will to prove your authority ;)
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Cinnamon. It's firey and motivational.

Also .. I suggest looking into " macros". Which is pretty much how your food breaks down into protein, fat, complex carbs , etc. I've just started doing this myself and lost 5 pounds in the last week.

( and moving helps )
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:Cinnamon. It's fiery and motivational.
I second that. It also helps if you have sugar cravings - just smell some cinnamon and the cravings disappear.
SilverWort

Post by SilverWort »

SnowCat wrote:That darn sand just likes to settle in all the wrong places. I would recommend getting a check up to rule out medical issues to start with.
Wise words. Just a few tips, if you are healthy:

- Eat healthy and varied food, (no fast food, no precooked ...) At least 5 raw vegetables and fruit rations/day.
- Flour and carbohydrates only until noon. All energy you need over day must be ingested until noon. Avoid white flours, bread too.
- Remove all sugars and honey, all. Use stevia as sweetener.
- Do not eat less than you need.
- Move your body, light daily exercise better than heavy "one day" exercise.

Hope it helps.
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

A glass of lemon water with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper in it every morning first thing gets me moving! And of course vitamins... Multi vitamin, vitamin b complex, vitamin c, and chromium picolinate, then at night before you got to bed calcium...it digests better and does its magic while you sleep! Your bones and body will thank you for it...plus walk a lil more, park a lil farther away than you normally would..do leg lifts while you brush your teeth/hair...do a squat or 2 before actually sitting down...lift a laundry basket full of clothes a few times...it's just lil changes but it adds up if you do them everyday...deep breathing exercises are really good too!!! :)
Positive Thoughts and Good Vibes
Ruth

Post by Ruth »

Ok the vitamins are tricky...you should consult a doctor before taking any especially if you take medications!
With that being said...I spread my vitamins out through my day...the multi vitamin and vitamin c I take in the morning when I get up...chromium picolinate I take around noon or so, the vitamin b complex I only take 1 and it's usually around 2-3 when I start feeling the afternoon sleepiness come on then 2 liquid filled calcium pills at night before I go to bed...
Positive Thoughts and Good Vibes
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

I am a food JUNKIE. I did the military diet last week Tuesday wed and Thursday. And I've been exercising every day. At least a little ... It REALLY helped me realize my portions and what I eat and how it all goes together. ... I'll be doing it again this Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. I also don't drink sodas. Just water and teas.
Lasiah

Post by Lasiah »

From my limited knowledge, I know that Holy Basil, Aka Tulsi Is a adaptagenic that helps your body's metabolism, so you will listen to your body instead of your ego. For someone who eats too little for a healthy body they will eat more, for someone who eats too much they will want to eat less. I gave to someone who was anorexic and they wanted to eat shortly after they drank the tea I made them. Its a really good tea and has many many many health benefits for the body and mind.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”