Lavender Tea + B6 and B12 for anxiety and neurological...

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Clairsentient_Wolf

Lavender Tea + B6 and B12 for anxiety and neurological...

Post by Clairsentient_Wolf »

Before you get started on reading this, I have never performed a ritual or cast a spell. This is a theory on a healing spell for neurological conditions that I am thinking about.

If I were to take the leaves/flowers of the lavender and dry or boil them on a low simmer to create a drink/lavendar tea and then put a small dose of B6 and B12 (crushed into a fine powder) into the warm tea, I believe in theory this would reduce anxiety and nervousness.

I would have to add something to it to give it a more pleasant taste such as a few drops of lemon juice or perhaps a tiny bit of apple/grape juice from the grocery store that is NOT fruit cocktail to avoid a sugar overload. If possible, I would like for the tea to be sugar-free. Once sugar is added, I feel that the tea would serve no purpose at all.

BUT what I am trying to achieve is an herbal tea for my brother's epilepsy. The lavender obviously would help with seizures caused by his anxiety and in general his anxiety level would be decreased. Hell, I might even want to drink it.

I have read that lavender is not poisonous and my mom actually has the entire essential oils kit so if we combined the tea with the oil, it would NOT eliminate his epilepsy but it could in time allow him to get a drivers license or something.

Any ideas on that? Comments are very welcome as I'm still a beginner. This combo makes sense in my mind.

PS: Obviously we would not add the oil to the tea, we would put it on his wrists or the back of his neck.
Strong men run into battle and destroy their foes;
Wise men wait for their foes to destroy themselves.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Lavender Tea + B6 and B12 for anxiety and neurological..

Post by SnowCat »

From a medical perspective, it wouldn't hurt, and might help. Anti-seizure medications are known to deplete b vitamins, so a mild supplement like the tea could be beneficial. Lavender is well known for soothing properties, and a lot of neurological response is associated with the olfactory sense. Add in that someone he loves is doing this for him, your brother could very well see at least some mild benefit.

Nurse SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet
TashaTeaLeaf

Post by TashaTeaLeaf »

Another herb you could add is St. John's Wort.

St. John's Wort is a mild anti depressant. If your brother is taking any medication, he shouldn't drink it as a tea without asking a doctor first. If you are just putting it on his body, it should be fine.

St John's Wort is named after St. John the baptist, who is the patron saint of epileptics.
Clairsentient_Wolf

Post by Clairsentient_Wolf »

TashaTeaLeaf wrote:Another herb you could add is St. John's Wort.

St. John's Wort is a mild anti depressant. If your brother is taking any medication, he shouldn't drink it as a tea without asking a doctor first. If you are just putting it on his body, it should be fine.

St John's Wort is named after St. John the baptist, who is the patron saint of epileptics.
No kidding? St John the Baptist? Ok, stupid question for ya, do I have to go to a specialty store to get this or can I grab it at the pharmacy?

The whole thing about him being on medications and mixing the tea is yeah, basically like you said, a little iffy but I feel that some anti anxiety tea would help ease him in his stress. He is one of the most stressed out people I know and he doesn't have a job and can't even drive! I say that because I'm extremely stress constantly, to the point where my hair is falling out...I mean, I feel bad for him. He just needs some R n R. He already takes B6 and I think maybe B12 supplements in the form of vitamins/pills. I'm going to do some more research tonight since I don't have work tomorrow and check this out. Thank you so much for giving me this info!!! You have no idea how profound that is.
Last edited by YanaKhan on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please, mind your language!
Strong men run into battle and destroy their foes;
Wise men wait for their foes to destroy themselves.
TashaTeaLeaf

Post by TashaTeaLeaf »

Not a stupid question at all! I'm glad I can be helpful.

Funny synchronicity, I was walking through the park yesterday afternoon and found a patch of St John's Wort growing wild.

You can find St John's Wort tablets or capsules at most pharmacies. If a place sells herbal supplements, they probably sell St John's Wort, it's really popular. It's also common in teas. You should be able to find it at a grocery or convenience store.

I don't have epilepsy, but I have anxiety and depression. It's really helped me.
theharmoniouscrow

Post by theharmoniouscrow »

I found that Bach's Rescue Remedy helped with my anxiety (I had panic attacks, and agoraphobia caused by PTSD after a head injury from a horse riding accident) and my depression as well. Those drops could be added to a tea without any worry of side effects or icky taste for that matter.
I also started Alexander Technique after my accident - it helps ENORMOUSLY with the body/mind connection and helped me to get through some gnarly stuff both physical and mental/emotional. I actually went off the medication I was given due to this. Not saying your brother should drop his meds, but I am pretty sure that RR and AT could benefit him majorly.
Oh and yes to B12 - I'm a vegetarian and I wasn't taking my iron and B12 and I felt the effects in a very bad way. Made me into an emotional, TIRED zombie. I started it up again and within a few days I felt 100% better. Full of energy, relaxed and more "stable".
"It's often a person's mouth that broke their nose." - old Irish saying.

I listen more than I speak - don't mistake that for lack of opinion.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”