Fathers PTSD

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Kassandra

Re: Fathers PTSD

Post by Kassandra »

I hear EMDR treatments are extremely helpful for PTSD, as well. Never tried it myself.

mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

How about a dog? Sounds silly but seriously. You'd be amazed how therapeutic an animal is to those with PTSD. ( I have PTSD .. Not from war , but from childhood traumas It is a BITCH ).
theharmoniouscrow

Post by theharmoniouscrow »

mrsdavid1975 wrote:How about a dog? Sounds silly but seriously. You'd be amazed how therapeutic an animal is to those with PTSD. ( I have PTSD .. Not from war , but from childhood traumas It is a BITCH ).
Yeah I forgot to add that as well - both my husband and I could not have dealt with our PTSD without our beloved dogs (all of them, both old and "new" in our lives)
There are many VA and military related programs (in fact I can think of one that deals specifically with USMC vets and at least 3 that deal with the US Army) that would help find and train a dog for your father.
Their therapy is amazing.
"It's often a person's mouth that broke their nose." - old Irish saying.

I listen more than I speak - don't mistake that for lack of opinion.
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

I know I'm a little late, but - amethyst is also known to help with sleeplessness, especially sleeplessness caused by overactive dreams. I have a friend who was almost completely unable to sleep because of her dreams (though for a very different reason) and the amethyst pendant I made has helped her immensely. Wearing the amethyst at night may help, but I have no experience with PTSD, so I really can't say.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Amethyst is very good actually. I have a large geode type piece of amethyst on my nightstand. And I have rings I wear when I'm feeling slightly " elevated".

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”