Is there anything good for sore gums?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Lilith333

Is there anything good for sore gums?

Post by Lilith333 »

A friend of mines teeth are killing them because they may have a bit of a gum infection. I was just wondering if you know of any good herbs to help either elevate the pain or possibly cure the infection.
♄ "Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people." Aleister Crowley
Vesca

Re: Is there anything good for sore gums?

Post by Vesca »

Talk to a dentist or doctor about curing the infection.

If he puts a clove in his mouth over the area that is sore it should dull the pain some.
Lilith333

Post by Lilith333 »

Thanks. She really doesn't like the dentist and has been avoiding going there.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

If she wants it cured, it's a necessary evil. I dislike the dentist as well...
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Really dangerous not going to the dentist when there's a problem, though I dislike it too. But dental infections can travel through the bloodstream and infect vital organs like the heart or the brain. A lot of people say, well we existed all this time without modern dentistry. Yeah, we did, and it probably wasn't very pretty, lol. And we have modern dentistry now, why not take advantage of it?

Having said that, I have heard myrrh is traditionally used for sore gums as a powerful healer. I tried it in a homemade toothpaste and hated the taste. So, I buy myrrh toothpaste from a natural foods store, and it's a whole lot better than my concoction was. Anyway, from what I understand rinsing with a myrrh solution is very helpful for healing sore gums, and provides immediate relief. Read more here: http://apothecarysgarden.com/2013/01/26 ... ous-myrrh/ Now, that would be an external solution, but...

She needs to attack it internally, as well. A natural anti-biotic is Echinacea, and so is Goldenseal. They tend work really well together, a dynamic duo, so you can often buy the combo in pill or tea form. I did not acquire a single cold or flu during the past winter months, despite literally all of my co-workers and family members coughing and sneezing around me. Every time I felt the slightest bug come on, I'd start taking Echin./Golds. and it would knock it out immediately. I'd use the pills if I were in a hurry, but preferred to drink the tea if I had the time.

So, these are ideas for a multi-pronged approach to dealing with the infection. But honestly, she should at least go get some x-rays done or something. She's really playing with fire. People die from dental infections that spread to other parts of the body.

Let us know how it all goes with your friend, won't you. :wink:

Lilith333

Post by Lilith333 »

You asked for me to get back to you both. Well, my friend is sort of stubborn. But I've convinced her to go to the dentist at least. But she is taking some time to convince to take some of those remedies you all mentioned. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink, right? But even if she doesn't want to try those things I've been casting some distance healing spells for her benefit and I think it's helping a little bit. But I can only do so much. I'm not an overly experienced healer. I wish she believed in at least some of what I do but sadly she doesn't. Then she could cast some self healing spells of her own, mixed with taking those remedies, and then maybe she wouldn't have to go to a dentist. :roll:

But thanks for all the advice anyway.
Tanya.Yer

Post by Tanya.Yer »

Try chamomile to soothe the gums. At the same time there might vitamin deficiency. Dentist will bee the best choice.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Thanks Lillith333 for the update. Great that you at least got her to the dentist. Thanks for the update. Just curious, what did the dentist say is wrong with her gums?

Lilith333

Post by Lilith333 »

Kassandra wrote:.

Thanks Lillith333 for the update. Great that you at least got her to the dentist. Thanks for the update. Just curious, what did the dentist say is wrong with her gums?

She was supposed to go yesterday but she moved the appointment to another day. When I asked why; She said she was tired after work and didn't feel like going. I was like. >_<

But she didn't cancel it. Just moved it to Friday.

She admits that she's a procrastinator.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

I see. Well, you've done all you could do. Some people have avoidance issues so badly they only do the right thing after an issue becomes an emergency. Just gotta' let 'em do what they do.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”