Dead Sea Salt

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
BabyBear

Dead Sea Salt

Post by BabyBear »

I was wondering if anyone besides me had thought about using Dead Sea Salt in their practice so I got to looking around and share what i found.

First off i would like to say for me this is the perfect mineral to use in my work with Hades but its also based on the fact that although you can use regular sea salt or table salt Dead Sea salt, to me, seems less prepossessed and more mineral rich, essentially just more natural. I also find that for some reason having something that is strictly used for practice and not say pulled from my kitchen when i need it and then put back makes it seem more special to me (atm i happened to be using some salt that i put in a blessed container and set aside for spell work but this seems more special to me).
I was also thinking on how since its so good for your skin and used for baths anyway that you could use it for spiritual bathing/cleansing.
Anyway on to what i found :D
Dead Sea salt – because of its connection to the Holy Land and because of its healing properties – is popular in purification and protection spells. Dense with minerals that have bubbled up from deep within the earth, it also feels really nice in a bath, aiding relaxation. So it can be a good choice for rituals involving submersion, for example to break negative psychic contacts, using a spell such as the one below:
The rest of the post can be found here
The therapeutic effects of bathing in the Dead Sea were well known even in times of antiquity. Galenus, for instance, stated that this salt water was good for the treatment of arthritis, eczema, muscular pain, rheumatism, psoriasis, and also to relieve tension, aid relaxation, and develop smooth silky skin. According to the book of Samuel, King Solomon presented the Queen of Sheba with Dead Sea salts upon her visit to the Holy Land. The empress Cleopatra, who was an ardent user of Dead Sea beauty formulations, was actually given title to the entire region by Mark Anthony after he conquered it.

Today, the Dead Sea has taken on a new dimension: modern science has proven the therapeutic and rejuvenating properties of its unique mineral content. The Dead Sea has become a renowned center for natural health and beauty treatments, with people coming from around the world to bath in its mineral-rich waters.
http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/si_De ... t_Info.asp
Check on this website also the history of saltwork and just browse around it was actually a good read

As you can see the main thing everyone agrees on is that its extremely helpful in purification and protection, and has numerous health benefits and has been used for centuries :D

Anyway if anyone else uses it I would love to know how and if anyone uses it for work with Hades or Persephone I would love to hear how you incorporate it into your workings or if you had ever thought of it before.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”