Poppies, poppies, everywhere!

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Lunar Rose

Poppies, poppies, everywhere!

Post by Lunar Rose »

I had to share this as I am so excited right now! I was walking home from work a few nights ago and saw a single poppy growing at the side of the pavement in amongst some tall grass. It really caught me how pretty it was, so much so that I stopped walking to look at it. I hadn't seen a wild poppy in about 15 years! So I left a coin as an offering and went home.

I kept thinking about it, and I came up with a little chant, I can't remember exactly how it went, but it basically thanked the poppy for growing and asked it to bring more poppies to the area.

Since then, poppies have grown EVERYWHERE in my town! Absolutely EVERYWHERE! And when the harsh winds blow their flowers off, they just grow back!

Then today, someone actually put a post on one of the local Facebook pages saying has anyone else noticed all the beautiful poppies that have appeared this year! When I last checked, there were 7 comments agreeing and 66 likes!!! And I can't help but feel a little bit proud for bringing such beautiful colour to our little town! Just had to share how amazing magic can be, even when you aren't aware of how powerful it can be!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Poppies, poppies, everywhere!

Post by Firebird »

Nice going Lunar!
I love poppies ...so delicate, and beautiful
We did a working once using California poppy seed. Spinkled them off the brow of our little hill. The next year there was a few, the year after a few more, then the year after...Boom! They were all over the little valley. I think as stewards of the earth we do what we can to help :D
good job girl smiley_dance
bb, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Ack! That sounds gorgeous and lovely ... nice work, Lunar Rose!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

NIcely done Luna its always great to spread the joys of nature and especially the lovely poppy lol

@ff i have actually never thought of doing that lol just throw the seed down my dads hill and let the flowers take over, this is a cool ideal
Lunar Rose

Post by Lunar Rose »

Thanks guys! It would make me smile to see them before, but now I know other people are taking joy from seeing them, I feel an extra boost of happiness from them. They are such beautiful and unusual flowers.
Nightwatcher

Post by Nightwatcher »

That sounds so lovely~!
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

and so useful in your concoctions!

this quote if from Ravencry,
*Poppyseed* Planet: Moon Element: Water Main magickal uses: dreams Other magickal uses: Binding, clairvoyance, consecration, cursing, fertility, prosperity Lore: In Greece, poppies belonged to Hypnos and Somnos, sleep gods. (Remember "The Wizard of Oz?" "Poppies will make them sleeeeep!") They are also associated with Ceres. If you eat poppyseeds shortly before taking a drug test, you may test positive for heroin, which comes from opium, a kind of poppy. This kinship may also explain some of its magickal functions.
Using the dry flowers in a a sachet for sleep, for those trying to conceive, use seeds in foods you wish to give your spouse to ensure fertility. Any part of the plant in incense for visioning.
BB, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Lunar Rose

Post by Lunar Rose »

Thanks for the tips! I will have to go flower picking now then! :)

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”