what herbs don't mix?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
lliae

what herbs don't mix?

Post by lliae »

I was wondering if there were any herbs you shouldn't use together in a spell or charm. Like, if you mix herb A and herb B they'll cancel each other out and make the whole thing useless. Or with mixing incense, are there some you just shouldn't combine?

I mainly work with herbs and I know I can be quite generous with the ones I put in so I want to make sure I'm not harming more than helping.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Re: what herbs don't mix?

Post by Seraphin »

Only mix compatible herbs and incenses that have similar energies and magickal properties. When one mixes incompatible herbs, oils, incenses and even crystals, this causes friction, for one is fusing two opposite extremes and jumbling the magickal and spiritual energies and forces changing them from their proper state. These combinations usually don't work well.

There's really no problem with the mixture per se, but rather that by combining or merging two energies, forces or spirits, which results in being perverted from their proper use or real significance. Although all energies and forces are supposed to coexist and overlap, that's only as long as neither affect negatively or lose their magickal property and power altogether.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
lliae

Post by lliae »

thanks Seraphin! that cleared things up for me :)
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

You are welcome!
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”