Post your Herb collection

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post your Herb collection

Post by loona wynd »

Every witch has different herbs that they work with. Not all of us work with the same herbs the same way. So lets share our herb collection and see what herbs people are working with. I just went through my collection today and realized it was much larger than I originally thought. So I wondered how large other peoples collections were.

My current collection contains:
Dragons Blood
White Sage
Damiana Leaf
Dandelion Leaf
Nettle
Peppermint Leaf
Spearmint Leaf
Myrrh
Galangal Root
Platain Leaf
Pinon Pine Resin
Comfrey Root
Mandrake Root
Star Anise Seeds
Mistletoe
Frankincense
Mugwort
Marigold (Calendula)
Red Rose Petals
Catnip leaf
Nutmeg
Ginkgo Leaf
Cinnamon
Saltpeter
Gum Arabic
Fumitory
Mustard Seed
Echo_of_shadows

Re: Post your Herb collection

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I've got a lot of kitchen herbs. :wink:

Garlic powder
Orange peel
Onion (powdered & minced)
Thyme
Dill
Ground mustard
Lemon peel
Parsley
Marjoram
Sea Salt
Back Pepper
Nutmeg
Ginger
Allspice
Cloves (whole & ground)
Turmeric
Basil
Chili powder
Sage
Cinnamon
Oregano
Rosemary
Honey
Crushed red pepper
Pumpkin pie spice (made up of nutmeg, ginger, allspice & cinnamon)
Bay leaves
Cilantro
Tarragon
Chives
Sandalwood
Patchouli
Myrrh
Red rose petals
Lilac petals
Pine needles
Dandelion (I don't remember which part of the plant)
Red geranium petals

This is kind of an updated list of what's posted in my grimoire.
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Echo_of_shadows wrote:I've got a lot of kitchen herbs. :wink:
I didn't bother to list the herbs I have in my kitchen spice cabinet. That would make my list even longer. Most of the time I actually don't think about those herbs when I consider spell work or my herbs for spells. I probably dont think about them because they aren't with the herbs that I have set aside just for spells and rituals. I mean I have cinnamon, and nutmeg listed in my list because I bought them and used them specifically in a few spells and rituals. Other than that I don't really work with my kitchen herbs that often.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

When I pass the spice aisle in the store, I stop to look for stuff that I haven't tried in cooking yet as well as looking for stuff I can use in spells. It's easier for me to just pick up kitchen herbs at the grocery store than it is for me to try to get to the mall to shop at the local occult supply store. I'd love to go my own herbs, but I'm a plant killer. Usually. I'm not sure what's keeping the plants in the kitchen alive.... :P
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

Echo_of_shadows wrote:When I pass the spice aisle in the store, I stop to look for stuff that I haven't tried in cooking yet as well as looking for stuff I can use in spells. It's easier for me to just pick up kitchen herbs at the grocery store than it is for me to try to get to the mall to shop at the local occult supply store. I'd love to go my own herbs, but I'm a plant killer. Usually. I'm not sure what's keeping the plants in the kitchen alive.... :P
I may have to start buying some of the culinary herbs I use a lot of at the dollar store to have in my magical cabinet. That way I can keep the ones for food for food and the others separate. Of course if I have a food spell in mind I'd use the herbs in the kitchen counter as they are already there for cooking. I know some of them are very popular herbs used in a lot of things. I use a lot of Garlic in my cooking so maybe I should start actually working with the properties of the spices I am using in my foods for additional umphs to my practices.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”