Herbs used in curses and hexes

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Jonjonsalinas_

Herbs used in curses and hexes

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

Hi all! I'm a green witch so I use a lot if herbs and plants in my craft. I know that many plants have positive correspondences or properties. However, I was wondering if these same herbs/ plants (or any others) have negative properties? For example, herbs that get used in curses or hexes. Just thought it would be good to know for the sake of knowledge :D
Last edited by Kassandra on Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed title from "bad side of herbs" so post could be found quicker in search engine
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Herbs used in curses and hexes

Post by Firebird »

Oh sure... the ones you use for banishing an such, usually smell putrid or are poisonous.
here is a pretty cool thread about the baneful herbs:
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 10556.html
Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Jonjonsalinas_

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

That's a pretty neat thread! Good to know that the bad smelling plants are also the 'bad ones' :p I guess that's the Goddess's way of saying "STAY AWAY!!"
Bright blessings,
Jonathon
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ah, the Lady is pretty amazing that way :fairy:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
loona wynd
Banned Member

Post by loona wynd »

There are some herbs that are also primarily used for hexes and curses as well as for removal of hexes and curses. I think that if you look up herbs for hex removal you will also find that those same herbs can also be used to apply the hexes and curses. Magic seems to work both ways. The items you can use to bring money to you can also be used to take money away from some one as well. In those cases its about how you work the spell.
creatrix

Post by creatrix »

I found 4 specifically for cursing at http://www.pookapages.com/Gruenwold/Magical%20Herbs.htm:
bindweed, hemlock, lobelia, tormentil (blood root)
I've never cursed anyone, just removed curses. I agree that it is good to have the knowledge though.
-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

Some say the witch that cannot hex, cannot heal, but I don't know if that's true.

There are risks, make sure that they are worth taking. Remember you are creating a dark current or vortex, contacting the abyss within you, and dredging up all those hostilities you may have banished away to the dark corners of your mind to develop the emotional state required to throw the curse. Make sure you have laid the ground properly (done protection work beforehand, reflected on a dark moon, performed divination that this is the correct path). Working with Qlippothic or destructive forces and dark intent is not for the inexperienced really, especially if you're doing any conjuring of entities.
Best to have developed good protective strategies first rather than having to do damage control later.

If its herbs youre after, use stuff like Black Pepper, Ginger, Mustard Seed, Poppyseed, cacti, nightshade(poisonous), henbane(poisonous) and hemlock(poisonous).

I throw in black things, like the petal of a black flower, black beetles, black spiders, black candles, that kind of thing.

Add a decent cursing oil, something like damnation oil. Throw in a handful of thorns to finish it off. Work left handed, burn rue afterwards to sever the link.

Sometimes it's easier just to ask Archangel Michael to take away the other persons powers or evil intent against you, rather than risking the backlash of a curse gone awry.

Always think before you act.

Dark Moon
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Jonjonsalinas_

Post by Jonjonsalinas_ »

Wow, thank you all so much! I wasn't expecting to get that much info. Dark moon, I do like what you have to say about a witch that cannot hex, cannot heal. I think it puts up a good point about the balance between the two. You have me a lot to think about, thank you.
Bright blessings,
Jonathon

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”