a spell using rue...

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
sheherazade

a spell using rue...

Post by sheherazade »

the problem with having SO many notes is that you cannot find out what you need when you need em.
i feel a strong urge to do a simple think of me spell where you blow a handfl of rue in the direction of where a person lives.i can PICTURE the book i read it in but its not there.
anyone know of it OR should i simply follow thru with the intention in mind?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I would just go with what you have in mind Sheherazade - I find these things feel right to us because they, well are!
[Kristin]

About Rue

Post by [Kristin] »

About the Rue plant...It is very widely used here in South America. People usually have 2 plants at their front doors...one male and one female. It is known for protection of the home. In some places it is known as the flower to the gods and goddesses. Although, I have never seen one with "flowers"
Whatever you do....please do not use Rue as an infusion!!!! It causes kidney and liver damage.

I had two lovelies growing nicely at my front door until my neighbor's dog decided to pee all over them. They have gotten rid of the dog and now I will be buying and starting all over. Rue does nicely in semi-shaded areas. But the idea of Rue is to have it OUTSIDE never inside your home.
That way, your home is protected from evil influences and gets rid of negativity in all who pass through your door.
Also, THEY, I don't know who they are but.....place a tiny red ribbon in the planter. Adds extra protection. :wink:
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

I bought a Rue Plant a month or so ago and it's just starting to Flower - I'll post a piccie when it does :D
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Here's my Rue Flowering now
[Kristin]

Rue

Post by [Kristin] »

Your plant is beautiful, Hedge. I had no idea that Rue would actually bloom. Could it be that there exist different varieties of this plant?? Mine never bloom and I have never seen one in Chile that has blooms on it.
Hmmm...?? I wonder...... :?:
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Hola Kristen :D
I just googled and apparently there are between 8 and 40 different species of Rue - mine is common Rue.
It appears that botanists can't agree on the exact number of different species, hence the 8 - 40.
The Rue debate continues :D
[Kristin]

Rue

Post by [Kristin] »

Hola to you Hedge.....I just did the same thing with Google and to my suprise I found out that I was wrong about actually ingesting Rue, although, it DID mention possible kidney problems and digestive tract problems.
Here in Chile, people have Rue or Ruda growing all over the country. But, they use it as a "Home Protection" plant. But, in order to protect your home you must have both male and female plants. One will not do the job.

Hope you are enjoying España! I have always wanted to visit. If you have any tales, I will live the country vicariously through you!
Dare I ask this....How is your Spanish coming along or are you already bilingual¿?
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

My Spanish is OK - I can have a conversation at least :D
But it's getting better everyday.
I think I'll do Rue as the Herb of the Month this month :D

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”