Essential oils vs Fragrance oils

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Essential oils vs Fragrance oils

Post by Firebird »

Hey, you're welcome Xiao, I do see this question come up very frequently.
Just because something says it is Lavender (for instance) doesn't mean it really is.
I knew of a vendor who had his little sign up over the oils saying "essential" I stood there and made a huge stink about the fact they were all fragrance oils, and he insisted they were essential, I think enough people in the shop heard me challenge him and the next time I visited he had changed the sign. Thank god, how many people took those home thinking they had something that could be potentially taken within, what if they did? I don't even know what would happen.

I have run into a few OK smelling fragrance oils but that's what I use them for ...perfuming the body. I use essential oil more frequently though, it just has a different vibration. The energy in essential oils is what you are looking for when using in a spell, fragrance oils contain little if any energy of the plant it claim to be mimicking.
OldSoul7 wrote:Young Living and DoTERRA brands are both fine for this.
I am unfamiliar with Young living brand, but DoTERRA has a pretty good oil, just overpriced as heck. I also am disenchanted with their multi level marketing ploys.

Investigate some well known aromatherapy books or institutes and see what brands they recommend or do not. ..or go to a health food store and smell some...the ones I mentioned in the original post are good but I am really not here to endorse, or debunk any brand.

blessings, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
GKB91

Post by GKB91 »

I use both. However I will admit that essential oils are far superior. One of my favourite points of Wicca is that it’s about the power of the Earth. To have something synthetic that somewhat smells like Lavender for example...great. But with the essential oil, it’s 100% pure nature in a bottle. Some of them are very strong in scent, or are even a bit stinky, but you can feel that connection. Plus essential oils are seriously versatile for someone like me who enjoys making little DIY lotions and potions.
barker

Post by barker »

Fragrances (life) vs vapours (truth), are in the things you can smell. Essences (special) can be a little too subtle, for to enable healing on the soul level.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

barker wrote:Essences (special) can be a little too subtle, for to enable healing on the soul level
Not talking essences, that is something else entirely.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”