what am I seeing?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Arwena23

what am I seeing?

Post by Arwena23 »

I posted this question in the marijuana thread earlier because I didn't want to flaunt drug use around like all witches do it, but it didn't get any responses and I really need help with this pot-related question.

I have been a smoker for quite some time now and I do use marijuana when meditating, praying to the god and godess, and in some spells, but I mostly use it recreationally.

the past several times I have smoked, even with weed I get from different sources, I have been experiencing what could be hallucinations, mostly visual but some audio as well. I am unsure if I am seeing things that aren't really there, or if I am tapping into some other realms because I have also been growing and practicing in my faith at a very rapid pace. there are very intense feelings I get when this happens to be. I have held back from smoking because of it.

are my efforts to enhance my psychic abilities working, or have I been a stoner just a little too long??
Kassandra

Re: what am I seeing?

Post by Kassandra »

Hallucinatory By-products

Hi Arwena23. In short, I don't think you are seeing things or going crazy. I do think you are aggravating your already-sensitive psychic abilities, and unecessarily overstimulating your senses. In my post titled, "Find Balance," I advise: "Don't let the 'visions' you see, or 'voices' you hear be the hallucinatory by-products of poor health." Perhaps I should add, "or the effects of drugs you've taken." lol It's not because I'm some saintly person, far from it. It's because I have found, through my own experiences, that when you are a "sensitive," spontaneously perceiving impressions that other people don't perceive, seeing things they don't see, hearing things they don't hear...the last thing you need is drugs and alcohol amplifying these abilities. It's overkill, over-stimulating your system. It's like someone, sitting only a foot from you but shouting at you...with a megaphone. It's like turning on a table lamp, but instead a dozen, huge flood lights in the room suddenly switch on, blinding your eyes. It's like unecessarily dousing an already-raging fire on your barbecue grill with an entire bottle of lighter fluid.

If one is a "sensitive," one has to learn to manage one's personal energy better than this, I'd say.

This was driven home to me one time when I was sitting in a bar with friends, which is why I stay out of bars to this day. I may have shared this story in another post already somewhere, and I apologize for being repetitive if I have (I think I've done over 600 or so posts, so I don't remember what I've said anymore, lol). After a couple drinks, I started seeing what you might call "low level entities" just stepping into and out of peoples' auric fields. They were these grey, icky shadowy-looking things. I took it that they were "test driving" the peoples' energy systems, seeing if they could find a compatible match to hang out in for a while, and feed. They weren't "evil," but they are vampiric leeches who feed on "extremes" of emotion --sexuality, anger, fear, etc. (call them whatever you want to call them, the name is not important). This, I think, is why you have all these bar room brawls, and whatnot. When people have sobered up the next day and realize their behavior, they often exclaim something like, "I simply was not myself when I did that, you have to believe me!"

Oh, I believe them, alright --and I believe their little hitchhiking "friends" can't wait for the next joy ride.

The Price They Pay

Seeing that left a big impression on me. It led me to believe that alcohol and drugs tend to "open up" the auric field, and that's why peoples' clairvoyance, clairaudience and clairsentience open up when they take them, and they can more clearly perceive subtle reality (like I did). But, it also leaves them very vulnerable to undesirable things (like what I saw happening to people around me, ...and to me too no doubt, though I couldn't tell). A lot of visual artists, writers and musicians bank on this, so they can make their living. But there is a very dangerous price to pay, because a lot of those very same artists, writers and musicians have horrible personal relationships. Frequently putting one's self in altered states is ungrounding and destabilizing to one's personality, and catches up with a person eventually. Shamans are rigorously trained for many years to work within altered states properly, keeping their thoughts and emotions in balance while "journeying."

I have noticed that the average person, however, has no clue how to do this, and despite their well-worded (but self-delusional) platitudes, they are just getting high for what I have come to call, "Spiritual Thrill-seeking" purposes.

Vincent Van Gogh was a deeply spiritual, artistic man.
Perhaps early in his life he "heard voices" that told him
he should spread the Word of God. So, he had become
a preacher. One day, he drank his first glass of absinthe.
Perhaps then, he began hearing "other" voices, telling
him, for instance, to chop off his right ear ...which is
why he portrayed himself with bandages in this self
portrait. Eventually, they must have told him to shoot
himself in the head, because that's how he died.

Another European artist, Albert Maigan, paint-
ed this poet succumbing to the evil "Green Fairy,"
as absinthe was nicknamed in those days. Creat-
tive people using drugs to connect to their muse,
no matter what the price, is nothing new.

RE: EUTM Posts
Arwena23 wrote:I posted this question in the marijuana thread earlier because I didn't want to flaunt drug use around like all witches do it, but it didn't get any responses and I really need help with this pot-related question.
I noticed you made that post only today. Just wanted to say, give all your posts at least a day or two, or more, for responses (I just happened to check my forum today, but sometimes I don't for a couple days). People work, are otherwise busy, etc., and are not on the board all day, sometimes not for several days. Also, sometimes months later someone will post an answer that you find relevant. So, try to be patient when dealing with message boards like this, lol

Arwena23

Post by Arwena23 »

So if I am tapping into some psychic energy (that I have been working very hard on) I want to take the experience seriously. I found some very useful ways to find balance in the post recommended, and even realized, when reaching the segment about menstration, that during these recent but frequent events, I was also experiencing a very heavy and uncomfortable flow. I never connected the two until now.

So now my next question: Now that I have decided that I am "seeing beyond the veil" so to speak, should I attempt to interact with my visions? Even when I am frightened I feel that I want to know more...probably in an attempt to ease my fears. Would this be an over stimulation in a negative way that can attract what I refer to as "body snatchers"?
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Female Mind/Body Awareness:
Or, "She Ain't Kooky, She's Our Sister"

Arwena23 wrote:...when reaching the segment about menstration, that during these recent but frequent events, I was also experiencing a very heavy and uncomfortable flow. I never connected the two until now...
That's excellent! Body awareness was what I was getting at with that post. You might also be interested in this post, Why is it Important to Map Your Menstrual Cycle?, about the same subject. At first I thought Kika, the lady in the video, was kooky..."Kooky Kika," lol. Then, as I watched the video I was like, "hey, I've been saying these things about a woman's cycle for years" (I wrote the "Find Balance" post here in 2009, but I was a proponent of these beliefs ten years before that). Kika calls it the "higher priestess time," and a member here who also posted on that thread, firebirdflys, calls the increased creativity she used to feel during that time, "the creative zone." It is a very powerful time, and body awareness was all I was getting at. I'm glad it 's resonating with readers.

Honestly. How many women do you know throw their arms up, and
with a big, victorious smile exclaim, "I AM ON MY MOON...I AM BLEED-
ING RIGHT NOW!"? None that I know of, personally. But, that's our Kika.
She's a hacker --she hacked the thousands-years-old mind control pro-
gramming
which spun menstruation/child birth as some kind of "curse"
for women. She beat the system; who wouldn't feel victorious? May we
all learn to hack some aspect of the Matrix, and defeat it.

Saying Goodbye
Arwena23 wrote:So now my next question: Now that I have decided that I am "seeing beyond the veil" so to speak, should I attempt to interact with my visions? Even when I am frightened I feel that I want to know more...probably in an attempt to ease my fears. Would this be an over stimulation in a negative way that can attract what I refer to as "body snatchers"?
Yes, I think so. It might be wise to look at this occasion as a sign your body has changed, and your tolerance to mj has decreased. It could be just a matter of chemistry. Even with our favorite deodorants we've used for a long time, for example, we could suddenly have a bad allergic reaction to them, out of the blue. Our body chemistry just changes sometimes. Maybe your body is trying to tell you that it's time to say goodbye to an old recreational friend, and time to create a new play in the gamebook of your life.

I wouldn't keep doing something that made me feel uncomfortable. If I accidentally rubbed up against some poison oak and it broke my skin out in a rash, why would I then try to go find some more poison oak and rub it on myself again? In the example above that I give of alcohol affecting my clairvoyant ability, what if instead of quitting drinking I chose to keep on drinking, and when I saw one of those grey shadow-thingies say to it, "Hey you, come here, I wanna 'interact' with you." If they were already making me uncomfortable, why would I choose to further "interact with my visions"? I probably would have been sent to a psych ward, if anything. Instead, I chose not to put myself in a position to have to see them anymore, and that was the end of that. Life goes on.
Arwena23 wrote:I have held back from smoking because of it.
I think you should continue this policy with yourself, indefinitely. :wink2: It doesn't seem the marijuana route is serving your best interests, just as the alcohol route wasn't serving mine. I can't imagine altering my consciousness "recreationally" now; I value it way too much.

Psychic Development, Proper

If you really "want to know more" at this point, I suggest you attend some psychic development classes at a metaphysical store near you, and take that route for learning more. Or visit a Spiritualist Church (which is where people with psychic abilities go and give messages to the public about what they see). Sometimes they have psychic development classes and workshops there, too. Properly developing your abilities is the best way to ease your fears. Messing with stuff metaphysically while under the influence of a drug will only put you at the mercy of low level entities that will mislead you, and make a fool out of you (which might be what's happening now). Higher beings don't need you to be stoned to interact with you (these are, again, my opinions based on my experiences...someone else might have a totally different opinion, and hopefully will comment on this thread).

Past Life Regressions

And perhaps it would be good for you to do some past life regresssion work, after all. Since your partner is into this kind of stuff, I think you will be safe to do it at home (it's good to have someone with you when you DIY). I only suggested a therapist because I didn't have any background information about you, and I didn't want you to experience a bad regression experience and have nobody there to help you. I saw from your pics you posted today you have a loving, understanding family, so you're in good hands. Perhaps doing some sessions would help you understand your abilities more, and the role they should play in your overall purpose on this planet this incarnation.

I posted this video to help people try a regression themselves, but it doesn't seem that anyone has tried it. I have had good results from Dr. Weiss's recordings. The script is basically the same as what he says in this video, so people would be saving $15-$20 bucks if they tried it here, lol. I had my significant other try it several times, and he discovered three past lives: one as a poor French boy with a debilitating disease, one as a soldier on a battlefield, and the other as a corrupt Roman senator, lol. So, I know it facilitates the process, though it's not as good as working with a live therapist, of course.

-Dark-Moon-

Post by -Dark-Moon- »

I thought I'd chime in here if I may. First of all let me begin by saying I have had an interesting life and am not a conservative type.

Lets look at psychopharmacology.

You can heal with drugs, and you can kill with them, depending on DOSAGE. A perfectly benign household drug becomes lethal when the therapeutic dose is exceeded. Therefore, ALL drugs are potentially POISONS.

As you increase dose beyond what your individual tolerance can handle, you begin to experience more and more undesirable, usually unpleasant side effects. In the case of marijuana this may start as mild perceptual disturbance and, if use continues, develops to anxiety, paranoia, hallucinations and delusions.

In marijuana, you're playing around with the neurochemistry of dopamine, and the neurons that regulate it. Dopamine is also one of the major systems that is deranged in psychosis, as in schizophrenia. Amphetamine is also a dopamine drug. Marijuana and amphetamines in combination are notorious for precipitating psychosis in otherwise normal individuals. I'm not going to get into the multiple pathways of psychosis here, or genetic vulnerabilities, suffice to say that you can induce psychosis in normal people with the right combination of factors - drugs, sleep deprivation, stress, vitamin deficiency, etc.

The 'toxic' dose at which each individual begins to suffer undesired effects due to dosage is highly variable person to person. Some may experience impressive psychotic breaks from very mild use. Others have a much higher tolerance.

At any rate, the bottom line is that when you begin to experience a change in your response to a drug, back off on use. Decrease your dose or stop for a while all together. People do get stuck there, sadly. It can be enormously difficult to restore social functioning once brain chemistry is significantly deranged, and the experience of psychosis can be terrifying.

Regarding magic and drugs, most experienced practitioners don't need to involve drugs in magic and ritual because they can get there so easily themselves. If you are very psychic and you do drugs, like Kassandra's alcohol experience you can just have LOTS of random entities show up and it's like having a radio at maximum volume. It's easy to become ungrounded.

My advice - start developing your psychic antenna using tools as a focus for your ability. Thats all divination tools are. They are the vessel through which your psychic ability focusses. For visions, crystal gazing or crystal balls are perfect. Try beginning using a crystal with a lot of inclusions. These help you see things within the crystal.

Drug use can really cloud people's energies. People seem to end up with this grey, dead energy... Well that's what I feel from people using them anyway. For every high there is a corresponding low. Your brain has to work extra hard afterwards to restore normal chemistry. Sometimes it does not restore and you need long term or short term medication. No one in a psych ward ever expects to end up there. I have a friend I was in college with who experienced a psychotic break from a joint she smoked at a concert for the first time. She couldn't even recognise her own father or me for a month. Now she's a successful lawyer, after medication and psychiatry fixed her, and she dealt with a few issues.

The same medication that fixed her, can kill you in overdose. It's all about dose.

Some people take LsD and have major life breakthroughs, others run out onto roads and die. These are facts. Go to any ER on a Friday night when theres a big music festival on and see what happens there. The place is wall to wall people losing their shit because they exceeded the dose, or they had a personal reaction to the substance, getting quite sick from it. The same goes for alcohol. one minute someone is the life of the party, the next they are barfing on their shoes. Once you begin to experience negative consequences, from there it's a slippery slope if you continue.

I have provided extreme examples to illustrate the spectrum of experience that is possible.

So, Aunty Dark Moon says, remember dose and response. Cease the drug if you don't have the dope smoking gene because if you don't, you are effectively POISONING yourself.

Enjoy.

Ps Kooky Kika rules !
I am that which is attained at the end of desire
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Dark Moon, thanks for the instructive explanations and examples of psychopharmacology dynamics in action. Indeed, one person's recreation is another person's near-death experience, lol.

I get that there's a similar underlying message in the posts here, of late.

The bottom line (as I interpret it) is:

Listen to your body.
It is a reflection of your soul.
Your body and true mind (the mind that projects the soul) are one, a "body/mind."

When you're not listening to the wisdom of your soul (i.e., doing what you really came here to do, being who you really came here to be, etc.), your soul will “assist” you to get back on track with your life purpose by utilizing the body/mind as a tool to get the attention of your conscious awareness. The assistance comes in the form of "illness" of the body/mind.

Here are the options:

If you listen to your body/mind (that is, understand its message and act accordingly), you advance to whatever the next level is, with whatever the mission is that you incarnated on this planet to accomplish (that mission varies for each of us). No further assistance (illness) is needed.

If you ignore your body/mind, the soul will do its job, which is to escalate its “assistance” by increasing existing or creating new illness somewhere in the body/mind, until the soul gets the attention of the conscious awareness ...and you finally act accordingly. It could even get to point of killing your temporary body (which is no big deal for an immortal spirit, which is what we all are), and if this happens, the soul simply will choose to confront this same challenge again in the next life, no big deal.

We cannot aenesthesize the message of the soul away... We cannot drink it away. We cannot pill-pop it away. We cannot pot-smoke it away. We cannot spell-cast it away. We cannot busy-ourselves-with-distracting-activities it away. We cannot TV-watch it away. We cannot "I'm so in love" it away (that is, "loose" ourselves in a relationship, which I've seen too many women do, so they can ignore their body/mind messages and conveniently blame it on someone else).

We must face the message of our souls, better sooner than later.

Again, this is the subjective message I get from all this (which obviously reflects my subscription to the concept of the soul, and an accompanying point of view that reincarnation is a technology of the soul).

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”