Anti-Itch Fix

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
skyslide

Anti-Itch Fix

Post by skyslide »

Got an itch? Mosquito bite, or a rash that won't go away? I found this and tried it and it worked well.

Make a tea using basil and sage. Both have anti-inflammatory properties. Do not strain. Do not drink: apply topically. try to get some leaves on your skin as well, then remove.

It worked for me, hope it works for you!
Ula

Re: Anti-Itch Fix

Post by Ula »

I use witch hazel for itchiness too. Boil witch hazel in one cup water two minutes, Strain, Add one cup oil and gently boil off water. Sunburn, itchiness, swelling. Don't take internally or use on open skin.
ravenhecateana

Post by ravenhecateana »

Thanks for these. I have been having issues with itching since I got out of the hospital last Wednesday. Went to the doctor yesterday and he is pumping me full of steroids. Not sure that is helping much.
AzaleaMoon

Post by AzaleaMoon »

The Steroids are definitly not helping. What were you hospitalized for? (I'm a Western medicine Nurse and work with different traditional methods of healing.)
You can try putting some oatmeal in a sock and put into your bath water, the oils in the oats help the itching.
Chamomile tea mite also help.
You can also ask your doctor if you can take an antihistamine such as benadryl or pecid (histamine blocker).
ravenhecateana

Post by ravenhecateana »

I was in the hospital to have an incision from the surgery I had in June fixed. It had busted open and wouldn't close back up. I had to end up going back to the doctor this morning and gettin atarax...which I think is what they should have done the first time. I would love to put oatmeal in a bath but I am unable to get up and down in a bathtub anymore.

Anyway I was taking benadryl before went to the doc on Monday. Did seem to help much either.
Ula

Post by Ula »

Did they have you on pain meds? Vicodin gave me the itches. You could try a baking soda paste made with distilled water on the itch too.
AzaleaMoon

Post by AzaleaMoon »

Atarax is an antihistamine and anti anxiety med. could be the other meds too, Narcotics ie: Vicodin will give you the itchies. You can put oatmeal in a sock and and do a sponge bath with it just soak the sock in a pan with warm/ hot water so the oils in the oatmeal disperse. (why does your Dr. have you on steroids????)
ravenhecateana

Post by ravenhecateana »

I will try the oatmeal in a sock with a spongebath...that is a good idea.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”