Essential Oils?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Tempest Flair

Essential Oils?

Post by Tempest Flair »

Ive just recently purchased some pure essential oils of Lavender and Eucalyptus from a Health-Food store near my home. I know that lavender is usually used for calming and relaxation, and is Astrologically ruled by the planet Jupiter. I know that Eucalyptus is used for rejuvination and clarity of mind, but thats about it. Does anyone know any other coreespondences for Eucalyptus? I havnt found many used for the oils yet, besides spirituall-cleansing baths, an all natural perfume, and some basic aromatherepy, but are there anymore that anyone would like to share? Oh, I also know not to place the oils on the skin without testing first and diluting them with a carrier oil. I use Sweet Almond Oil. :D
missmelodygrace

Re: Essential Oils?

Post by missmelodygrace »

Eucalyptus is a warming oil ... and can be used for any illness or symptom that is associated with cold ie...Arthritis, bronchitis, catarhh, cold sores, colds, coughing, fever, flu, poor circulation, sinusitis.

both massage and in a bath it can be a good way to warm the body ... make sure it is diluted well

hope that helps a little
Mel x
Laugh your head off, dance in the rain.
Cherish all moments, ignore all the pain.
Live, Laugh, Love, forgive and forget,
Life is too short to live with regret.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

Eucalyptus is good for your airways, if you steam with eucalyptus oil in the water it'll help clear up mucus from your longs and is so a great way to relive bronchitus and cough etc and I think it's also a disinfectant.
Lavender is great for getting rid of headaches (in my case) sleeping, it can be used to ease the skin after laying in the sun, it can be used to help joint aches.

If I think of any more I'll be sure to come back.
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
desertrose

Post by desertrose »

I just wanted to add even though this is really late that I love lavender oil. It's the only oil I will use directly on my skin. And. Its gentle enough for children too. When they get small cuts and bruises I put a little lavender oil on them and I'm always amazed at how quickly it heals and fades. Just wanted to share. If anyone's still looking at this I hope it helps.
HappyCatLove

Post by HappyCatLove »

Thanks...I like the info no matter how late... lol

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”