what now?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Lorena

what now?

Post by Lorena »

hey everyone, I know I havent posted in years, a million things have been going on. Anyway I'll be straightforward..my period is a day or so late and I'm panicking. I recently had unprotected sex but he pulled out so I'm not sure if I'm pregnant. Being only 16 I haven't been able to run out for a test yet . However I've also been really stressed so who knows?
Anyway I made a tea last night of parsley, ginger, rosemary, sage, celery seed, and thyme to try to induce menstruation. I drank a good 3 cups but this morning, still no blood...in terms of herbalism, what do I do now? Continue to drink the tea? Make a stronger tea? Simply ingest the herbs?
Rosewolf

Re: what now?

Post by Rosewolf »

To be honest, any magical remedies you want to take should be calm inducing ones (in my opinion only of course). Stress can really delay your period so the more you worry, the later it may be. Possibly a little meditation holding a piece of quartz to centre yourself, don't worry about it and see what happens. It is "unlikely" you are pregnant if its just the once and he pulled out but of course there is always a risk. Any idea what part of your cycle you were in when you had the sex?
witchmoon21

Post by witchmoon21 »

The whole "pulled out before he ej." isnt a birth control measure at all, because there can be semen that comes out with pre-cum during intercourse.
As for herbs try some chamomille with honey to relax your nerves and see what happens
presentcharisma

Post by presentcharisma »

And please find peace in the knowledge that whatever happens in your life IS where you are supposed to be and what you are supposed to experience for a larger reason than we know. I think about all the crazy, stressfull, things that I have been through and each one put me in the direction I am at right now, and I love my life right now.
I AM
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

You should try a tea of pennyroyal and tansy.

The herbs you made a tea of don't cause abortion if you are pregnant. These herbs will just keep the child and will cause extreme birth defects, which would be terrible. Rosemary causes extreme birth defects, so please don't drink it if you think your pregnant.
Lorena

Post by Lorena »

Ravencry...
I started bleeding this morning (12 hours after drinking the tea) it has been like a normal period, except just a few moments ago (3:26 my time, 18 hours after drinking) when it was thin, almost like blood from a cut.
Does this mean if I was pregnant, the zygote is still there in my uterus and might have birth defects?
I'm doing lots of calming meditation but am hesitant to drink the chamomile tea I made earlier...ooch this was more complicated than I expected
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

It doesn't necessarily mean that you were pregnant, it might mean that you weren't, and you forced yourself to bleed.

Since it did work, I doubt that if you were, you still are. Rest assured knowing that the tea worked and did its job. You shouldn't worry too much. If you don't get your period when you are supposed to, use the pennyroyal tansy blend.
Ember Nightwolf

Post by Ember Nightwolf »

Lorena, I wouldn't worry to much. You know, my period and many other people's can happen a couple of days early or late, even if you've been on it for years. And if your really worried, i would just go and see a doctor, or go to boots and buy a pregnancy test. And perhaps be a little more careful next time :/ (I know that sounds patronizing, i don't mean it to be!) Although I have a lot of respect for herbal remedies, I think this kind of thing is something which needs a bit more professionality. Hope it helps.
There are three sides to a coin.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”