I need help

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Ravencry

Re: I need help

Post by Ravencry »

Oh :D
Sorry about that. I thought you were talking about cannabis.
I can be quite dumb sometimes.
Asch

Post by Asch »

If you say the herb's name I don't think the board will self destruct....;)
This is what I am, here is where I remove my mask.
Linna-Rose

Post by Linna-Rose »

staranashannon wrote:Yeah, excedrin is an OTC migraine medicine, and she did say it provided a little relief, so maybe the doctor should prescribe prescription-strength migraine medicine, the kind that contains caffeine and prescription strength drugs.

When the doctor did that funny things happened. I still have those those pills somewhere, but they tend to make me very, very loopy.

Apparently it's the funniest thing in the world to see. And sorry for not poting in so long, my computer hates people.
pelias3

Post by pelias3 »

my take on this is that there's two things you should get ruled out - temporal artiritis, which can cause blindness and cluster headaches, which are a kind of neurological disorder and can be very bad indeed! after you've ruled out the fatal stuff then it might be your life is just too stressful! in which case i think herbs and hyponosis are the way to go! once you've had a good look at your life and see what you've been doing wrong, so to speak. fingers crossed for ya!
FiddlinErin

Post by FiddlinErin »

I realise I'm rather late in replying here, but the information may be useful in the future to someone else...

Two things, really. I suffered a similar headache for months. Nothing helped. I finally tried acupuncture as a last resort -- and it helped IMMENSELY.

I'm very prone to weather system-related headaches, I often feel them coming in my head. Once the system stops moving, I'm ok... it's only when it's moving in or out. Anyway, if your headaches resemble mine, you may want to try a good acupuncturist.

Secondly, I make an aromatherapy roll-on thing I can take with me in cases where I'm unable to actually drink/make tea or some such. I modeled it after one I found a long time ago at Bath and Body Works. I mix a base of jojoba with peppermint, geranium, and chamomile essential oils. This way I can carry it in my purse and roll it on the base of my neck when I feel a headache coming on.
MeallaAoi

Post by MeallaAoi »

I'm also apparently late into this conversation, but like Erin, I also have experience with headaches... Mine has lasted for almost 3.5 years so far, and shows no sign of stopping.

Rose, have you looked into Lyme or other insect-borne diseases? It took me three years of migraines (and over a year of constant migraine pain) to get my diagnosis.

Acupuncture and acupressure can both be incredibly helpful. I'd also recommend Reiki, if you can find a practitioner where you live. It is the only thing for me that's consistently been able to help.

Good luck and brightest blessings, Rose.
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”