Which would you reccomend?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Wishes

Which would you reccomend?

Post by Wishes »

The winter months are soon to come, and this is the time of year I like to grow plants in order to keep me happy. I do a lot of thinking, and this increases in the winter, so the presence of live plants makes me feel at earth and less sad. I am thinking of having three different plants to add, along with my aloe vera. Which ones would you recommend using, that may also be able to later be used in some workings (I typically do working for sleep, dreams, love, luck, happiness, and goals.) Along with that recommendation, would it be easier to grow the plant from seed or to buy one already growing (and would you know where I may possibly order that?). Thank you in advance!
~Best Wishes in Everything You Do~

Wishes
Ravencry

Re: Which would you reccomend?

Post by Ravencry »

Dill grows great, basil grows great. Dandelion!! Its considered a weed cause it grows and reproduces so fast, but it has many medicinal and magickal properties!
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Thank you for your thoughts Ravencry. I am hoping to grow some herbs this winter as well :D Would growing lavender and sage be doable in the winter?
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Sage and lavender, unfortunately, no. 2 weeks before Imbolc, they start to grow well. Sage is REALLY hard to grow. Trust me. I planted 50 seeds, and only 3 grew. Lavender is quite hard to start from seed. If you start them indoors, where they are warm, they'll start off and grow quite well. The winter months outdoors are hard for those plants to survive.
Serendipity

Post by Serendipity »

I've grown both sage and lavender in 4 inch pots on a window sill. They did fine. Just remember to trim them occasionally to prevent them from going to seed.
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

Thank you both for your thoughts. I might give the lavander a try over the winter. I love the smell:-)
Wishes

Post by Wishes »

I agree reiki! I struggle with growing life sometimes, so I cannot get lavender to sprout :p

I use an essential oil for the smell anymore xP
~Best Wishes in Everything You Do~

Wishes

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”