St John's Wort

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
MoonlitOrchid

Re: St John's Wort

Post by MoonlitOrchid »

I started to feel an improvement by the end of the day taking the B-complex and 2 St John Wort pills 3x per day. I've continued now for a few days and am doing well. I've heard that for some people it takes a week or so to feel a difference. I tried 5 HTP but I prefer St John's Wort. The 5 HTP makes me feel sick to my stomach and kinda tired. It does relief anxiety more than anything in me. I didn't have a problem but I heard 5 HTP can cause vivid bad dreams.
Elluir

Post by Elluir »

Heard anecdotally some decent results with St. John's for depression. Just please guys, if you are taking St. Johns and ANY other medication (herbal or prescribed) have your local pharmacist check quickly there are no significant drug interacts. St. Johns is rather infamous in medical circles for that. If that's not an issue, please be careful don't overdue it. It does have some SSRI properties (claimed, not sure how well studied) think Zoloft and Paxil. So take it easy. Best of luck and may happiness find its way into all our hearts.
wolfgirl96

Post by wolfgirl96 »

can i also have they recipe i burn like crazy. i grow my own st john's wort and i used to use an aloe plant until it died :'(
MOTHERofDRAGONS

Post by MOTHERofDRAGONS »

Sadly it didn't work for me..
But my body is very inique.. On the inside.. Most typical medicines don't work for me. So, I had to be a guinea pig for years... Until I found the right RX + herbal mixture + physical work for my ailments.
It was touch and go for a while, but I came through!

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”