Get the most from your herbs: Thyme

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Ravencry

Get the most from your herbs: Thyme

Post by Ravencry »

Thyme
Thyme is another one of those herbs that can be used for near everything. Its small leaves make it easy to crush or use whole, depending on how you prefer to use your herbs. Here are a few simple things that you can do with this beneficial beauty in a rush.

Add the whole leaves to a bath salt mixture with rosemary and lemon for a quick purification.

Tp purify a house, smolder on charcoal while censing the rooms, saying: ‘By Thyme its time, for keep ill at bay, cleanse this house, from this day!’

For some healing work, when you have fresh Thyme sprigs, weave around the bottom of a blue candle with some eucalyptus, carve the name of the person you wish to receive your healing and light, saying: ‘By thymes healing strength and eucalyptus’ soothing power, I wish to heal _________ , by this spell I work this hour! May sickness be banished, and may they be free, harm it none, so mote it be!’

Have trouble sleeping? Fashion a sleep pillow from light purple or light blue fabric, mix equal parts thyme, lavendar and violet and stuff with batting. When its finished, hold your hands over it and say: ‘May I sleep like a baby, may I snooze like a bear, may I sleep through the whole night, without a moment to spare. So mote it be!’

For a psychic booster, boil 1 cup of water and mix in 2 spoonfuls dried thyme. Drink before performing divination, spirit communication, or any other psychic work. Stir in honey with a silver spoon, and sayi: ‘tea of power, tea of might, open my third eye, on this night! So shall it be!’

Need a courage booster? Mix thyme and borage, and tigers eye in a yellow or orange sachet and wear near the heart. When closing it, say: ‘In this sachet I hold courage may it be mine. Let my heart never faulter, let my mind never back down, let me be as strong as the tiger! So mote it be!

Love issues? Add some thyme to your lovers meal to calm them down and let them see and understand your side of the argument. Say: ‘listen to me, and what I say, Let us no longer argue, please see this my way!’

If you have a tendency to have nightmares, thyme may help keep them at bay. Sprinkle a little under your pillow before you go to sleep and say: ‘No more nightmares, no more sleepless nights, just rest, relaxation, and sleep. So mote it be’
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

I very much enjoy your posts. Don't have much to add at the moment, but figured I would take a minute to let you know of my appreciation and thank you for providing good information for all of us. :)
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Thank you ^.^

I love sharing my knowledge of herbs with everyone, knowledge whould be shared in my opinion, and I love to share!
Fie

Post by Fie »

Thanks Raven =) I'm feeling very happy about having purchased my Thyme plant now that I know what I can use it for x3 For Thyme is it best to remove the flowers before drying it or are the flowers fine to consume?
[i][color=spirit]It may be that no life is found,
Which only to one engine bound
Falls off, but cycles always round.
ALFRED TENNYSON, The Two Voices[/i][/color]

Can you hear the coyotes yipping?
They are having a good time.
Teasing the shadows.

[url=http://dragcave.net/user/Fie-kun][img]http://incubators.dragcave.net/incubator_Fie-kun.png[/img][/url]
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

The flowers are fine to consume, they don't really alter taste too much. I find flowers of any plant work best for healing, love, passion and psychic powers. Your lucky to have the plant, you can harvest what you wish from it!
Witch13
Banned Member

Post by Witch13 »

Awesome post, i had a small thyme plant but it died!! poor thing!
now i got peppermint and basil!
Thyme has a great smell!
Ravencry

Post by Ravencry »

Ill be working on some basil spells over the weekend, Ill also do one on peppermint for you.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”