Marijuana

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Belladonna

Re: Marijuana

Post by Belladonna »

Hahaha agreeeed greenvixen...

I think marijuana can be a meritable sacrament if it has good effects on you. Clearly if you don't like getting high it has no place in your workings but obviously it's really freaking helpful for visualization if you do.
greenvixen

Post by greenvixen »

true that... i agreed to belladonna.... but always remember to prepare all your things and keep it near you before you get high... or else u gonna end up looking all over for it... and be stoned afterwards ...lol.. i miss using that herbs... its been 3 or 4 months we havent seen each other... lol :mrgreen: :shock:
something-borrowed

Post by something-borrowed »

Hello everyone! :)

Okay I want to be very honest here. I did try marijuana once, but it frightened me.. Is that strange? Many of my spiritual friend do say that it helps them get on a whole new spiritual plane.. But what it did to me was down-right scary.. But I guess it's each one his/her own right? :/
I have also been told that the herb helps in opening new "pathways" or "plane" (As mentioned before..) Could some please explain? :)
Belladonna

Post by Belladonna »

Yeah, different people react differently to the THC. I have a lot of friends that get too jumpy or freaked out by it. If that's the case its probably not a good thing to try to use in your spells or workings. Now, I highly reccommend trying to get comfortable with it outside the circle :) but that's just me.

There are other herbs that are used for spiritual reasons, some more easy to use than others. Psilocybin's a common one of course, but then there's also morning glory seeds, which takes a little preparation but make a nice little mind altering brew with some work. I won't even go into the plants used in traditional witches' "flying ointments" as they can be dangerous in large doses and I have zero experience handling them. Anyways, the point is witches have been using a bounty of different mind altering herbs for a long time, and not all the same one, so you might have to find something better for you if you're trying to use herbs ritually. As always, exercise caution and if you're going to do it, go on the advice of someone who knows more than you.

Edit: Realized you might want the explanation on how it opens up new pathways, ha. It basically helps your mind think associatively, meaning you'd make connections you wouldn't normally. For me I remembered a lot of really random memories I hadn't thought on since childhood the first few times I used it, and it kinda makes me look at things around me in a different perspective... not just physical things, but I mean thinking deeper about my religious/political/social views too. I started smoking way before I became a witch, but I'd venture to say I'd still be stuck in my Christian perspective if not for many sessions of stoned philosophizing.
something-borrowed

Post by something-borrowed »

Thank you @Belladonna! <3

Much love :)
Oak Keeper

Post by Oak Keeper »

i know this is a five page thread but i just seen the thread. i have went through a few year's of smoking. my personal experience was quite amazing all depends on the grade you are going for. started out with low... low stuff (college was the poor years) but anyway once i graduated and stepped the grade up it got better and better, yes i got very paranoid but when i would go to a very quite spot in the woods sitting under a very large and friendly oak tree i got very attentive and very focused. my meditation, my mind went to a whole new level. i could just go into a meditative state when just meditating and when walking in thee wood's i found more herbs than any other i was just so concentrated. may other things i concentrated on like watching movies. 1st one on MJ was Lord of the Rings and i could see the actual character acting and the computer animation. hence part was the paranoia. hence i only drove once and my friends told me after 10 minutes that i sat at a yellow blinking light that i was not required to stop story being i never drove again. but that is my story i have not indulged is 8 years only my job requires me not to. so dont know if i helped but that is my personal story

O.K.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

I don't indulge very much, and only in situations when I feel I can do so without negative effect. being an empath , I usually refrain, it opens me up too much and it is already difficult to filter everyone's energies. A lot of times it all will wash over me like a big wave and I can't deal with the overload. I have to feel like I am sufficiently in control or I won't partake.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I watched a show about marijuana and learned that due to genetic engineering, the newer strains of weed are very high in THC, much higher than weed used to be. The more THC is in it, the more paranoid you get.

There's another ingredient in weed, CBD (cannabidiol), which is needed to give you the relaxed, happy feeling. Growers have typically only focused on increasing the amounts of THC, while neglecting CBD. That's why so much of the modern weed makes people feel paranoid and stressed instead of happy and relaxed.

If schizophrenia runs in your family, it's advised that you don't smoke marijuana as it's been shown to trigger schizophrenia in some people. It would be nice if weed were legal and we could choose which strains we wanted to smoke, but most of us are at the mercy of our dealer and whatever strain he/she can offer us.

I had to give up smoking weed altogether. It was having a negative effect on my health. I also didn't like the idea of supporting the Mexican drug cartels after I saw how they were torturing and killing the Mexican people.

As for mind expansion though, that was the reason I used it. When I was high (which was only when I was alone since it made me too self-conscious to be around other people), my mind seemed like it was open to outside thoughts, like my brain was a satellite picking up radio signals (thoughts and ideas) that were floating around in the ether. I don't think this website would even exist had it not been for inspirations I had when I was high. I first realized that the Christian God wasn't real one night when I was high on pot.

When you're alone and in a contemplative/meditative state, pot has the ability to open your mind and allow you to see and experience life as you never have before. It also allowed me to see myself in ways that I normally couldn't. It actually started to make me feel like I had a split personality (the other reason I quit). I could act a certain way during the daytime - being my usual, arrogant, know-it-all self, but after I smoked some pot that night a feeling of shame would wash over me, especially if I had said anything harsh to anybody that day. I would feel really bad about hurting people. In my normal, non-stoned state, that kind of thing just didn't bother me. I didn't realize my actions were wrong until I got high.
Indigo_Pheonix

Post by Indigo_Pheonix »

Thought I'd chime in here...
I am a long time pot user and firm believer in legalizing it. It has so many uses, besides the high part.
Anyway, I believe everybody reacts differently to it. I started out young, in high school, when I tried for the first time. I wasn't "ignorant" of the facts or effects either, I did my research first, and found it the least "harmful" drug out there. It is made from the earth so it was put here to use. After my first few "hits" of the joint I was light headed and felt giddy. Then got the munchies. I remember feeling happy and carefree. I was with my best friend, someone I trusted and who trusted me.

If you try something new without knowing anything about it, and are around people you can't trust, and do too much(know your limits), then it makes sense that people freak out. You wouldn't keep drinking alchohol after you puked and can't see straight, would you? If you are a responsible person, you will know when you've had enough. And there are different potentcies too. I personally enjoy weed for a stress reducer and to help with sleep and pain management. I take a few hits, put it out, see how I feel. If I start to feel it I wait to do more, if not, I take a couple more. There is a kind called "creeper". You may think nothing is happening, then ten minutes later, your baked! So again, go slow and know your limits.

My advice, if you've never done it before, take it slow. Don't expect anything out of it but feelings of elation and joy. Laugh, giggle, and have munchies on hand. It is gauranteed, you eat, you lose the edge of the high. As far as spiritual enlightenment, I wouldn't depend on any drug to get you there. Might as well take aspirin and expect the same thing, it won't work. I have thought I knew the meaning of life, just to forget it later, and writing it down?, forget it, have you ever tried writing drunk? It still won't make sense later.

I enjoy pot with a few close friends by playing video games, and eating. I like it better than drinking because you don't get full, you don't have a hangover, and it's impossible to overdose, you'd fall asleep first! I do have some draw backs though, it's illegal, expensive, the more you do it the more you need to get high. Also, I've smoked too much and "spun out" before, and puked, which is the equivalent of drinking too much and the room spins. I get forgetful when smoke too much too. Like I said before, everything in moderation, and its fine! Peace,pot, and micro-dot!
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Great advice, Indigo. I'm sure it will help some people. Except for the thing about not being about to write when you're high. I was saying the other day that I think all musicians should have to take acid and smoke weed so they can start making great music again like they did in the 60's and 70's, lol. I'm not a fan of most modern music.
Indigo_Pheonix

Post by Indigo_Pheonix »

True, Starwitch, the lyrics may not of made much sense but the music was awesome. Smoking does motivate me and get me opened up to my creative side. Funny thing, I actually used to write poetry when I was high. Haven't done that since high school though.
Aura_Guru

Post by Aura_Guru »

Feelings of religious euphoria & revelations are somehat common with psychoactive substances in general.LSD is a major example of this.Drugs may be incorporated to induce gnosis indeed but I'd tread carefully if i were you though.They may be actual physical effects of the drugs or true experieces.I've had one such with marijuana specificaly when i was experimenting with gnosis and it was possibly one of the most powerfull experiences I've had.There's a thing called set&setting however and it may or may not be related
Lioness

Post by Lioness »

Hmm. Indeed, I wonder myself if this is similiar to the affect marijuana has had on me. Honestly, I have many experiences like this. From losing my train of thought and heading on my own separate "journey" as i would call it, to completely passing out and waking up on the floor. One time, i even witnessed something supernatural; or at least that was what i would call it. I had smoked quite a large amount of marijuana and was sitting, bewildered, on the edge of my bed. When, for just a moment, i looked up from the safety of my hands, I witnessed the strangest thing. A belt I owned had been resting for the past hour or so across a suitcase and a laundry basket that I owned. In that brief moment that I looked up I saw the end of the belt move so that it no longer was resting and instead was swinging softly back and forth. Not in an accidental way, mind you. No, I saw that belt move. Be dragged, more like. Scared the crap out of me so much so that I ran from the room to find the carefree comfort of my ex boyfriend. Now, I understand that it is possible that I could have seen this occurance without the marijuana, as i'm sure many other things I have seen can be related, but this one specific instance I feel wouldn't have been so remarkable without me having had smoked. With that being said, yes, I know marijuana is not a legal substance, and I would never pressure a soul into doing it. I'm merely just mentioning my own personal experiences. By the way, Hi. I'm new to this site. And full of wonder and many many questions. Quite comical that this was my first post, in fact. I was expecting to go for something far more dramatic. Hmm. Well, thoughts? please? and thank you!
Arwena23

Post by Arwena23 »

I came searching for an appropriate place to post this question and it's obvious I have found it. This is really becoming a problem for me and I am a little scared.

I have been a smoker for quite some time now and I do use marijuana when meditating, praying to the god and godess, and in some spells, but I mostly use it recreationally.

the past several times I have smoked, even with weed I get from different sources, I have been experiencing what could be hallucinations, mostly visual but some audio as well. I am unsure if I am seeing things that aren't really there, or if I am tapping into some other realms because I have also been growing and practicing in my faith at a very rapid pace. there are very intense feelings I get when this happens to be. I have held back from smoking because of it.

are my efforts to enhance my psychic abilities working, or have I been a stoner just a little too long??
Aura_Guru

Post by Aura_Guru »

Arwena23 wrote:I came searching for an appropriate place to post this question and it's obvious I have found it. This is really becoming a problem for me and I am a little scared.

I have been a smoker for quite some time now and I do use marijuana when meditating, praying to the god and godess, and in some spells, but I mostly use it recreationally.

the past several times I have smoked, even with weed I get from different sources, I have been experiencing what could be hallucinations, mostly visual but some audio as well. I am unsure if I am seeing things that aren't really there, or if I am tapping into some other realms because I have also been growing and practicing in my faith at a very rapid pace. there are very intense feelings I get when this happens to be. I have held back from smoking because of it.

are my efforts to enhance my psychic abilities working, or have I been a stoner just a little too long??
Well my professional opinion goes thus: If you're seeing it, then it's real to you-subjectively anyways.Whether or not it would be real to another is actually irrelevant.Still I wouldn't recommend overdoing it with weed.I mean I've seen what happens to allot of people who do and it not funny: I mean they start to forget things, look stoned even when they aren't and so forth. So like in all things: take it in moderation

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”