Glowing eyes in the dark.

UFO's, extraterrestrials, abductions, the Universe, planets, stars, galaxies, black holes, white holes, wormholes, and everything beyond.
RyukaAscendant

Glowing eyes in the dark.

Post by RyukaAscendant »

So I'm not sure it this belongs here or somewhere else. But after a recent post I'm curious. As a child I used to see red and yellow eyes peering from dark areas as a child and it's always been a mystery to me what these were from and why they were interested in me. Not sure what to search for or where so any info is useful.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

Moderation in all things, including moderation.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Glowing eyes in the dark.

Post by SnowCat »

That has a ring of familiarity for me, but I can't quite put it together. I'll think on it. Sometimes something stirs up old memories, and if I saw anything like that as a child, those memories go back more than fifty years. I'll put my dreaming mind to work on it.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Different things come to mind. Differential firing of the rod and cone cells in the eyes. An entity just passing that is aware of you and is just looking your way. Light reflections with no depth perception because of the dark.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

I've thought about the scientific reasons but it was just when I was a child and didn't stop until I was around 14. I've never seen them since.
Child of Gaia; student of Athena, Odin, and Djehuty; and follower of the middle path.

planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Wish I could narrow it down for you but it can go either way. A child's eyes are developing as they grow. Children are more "open". They don't have all the don't believe baggage and their thoughts aren't as guarded and regular. Also there are parts of the mind that don't develop until the teens.
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

RyukaAscendant wrote: As a child I used to see red and yellow eyes peering from dark areas as a child and it's always been a mystery to me what these were from and why they were interested in me.
Sorry for reviving a thread not posted in in a year, but me too! Unlike SnowCat (no offense <3) I have a much younger brain and I can recall this as if it were yesterday. When I was little I'd say 4-6 ish I had this painting in my bedroom of a jungle and I remember seeing clear as day two little red dots and a darkish shadow almost sort of "peeking" out from above the frame. It very well could have been a trick of the eyes or a very active imagination but I like to believe it was really something there. I always would say hi to it when I saw it and believed it was my friend that lived behind the painting.
Then my brother was born and I moved my bed into the office and he got that bedroom and that painting never got put back up in my new room, so I wonder what ever happened to my little shadow friend. I'll have to ask my mom if we hung on to it when we moved houses.
RyukaAscendant

Post by RyukaAscendant »

Hey it's no problem we don't learn anything if no one has anything to add.

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Reading this again stirred up something for me. I have a sense of having seen glowing eyes watching me, but when i was in my teens, not when I was a child.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
ThunderFog

Post by ThunderFog »

Glowing eyes could be "shadow people" they're like a type of spirit attracted to negative energies, theres also a number of other things they could be but since you said red and yellow glowing eyes it makes me think its shadow people, also if they're red its usually a bad sign
The ability to question our way of thinking is what shows our intelligence.

Return to “Beyond the Earth”