New Planets

UFO's, extraterrestrials, abductions, the Universe, planets, stars, galaxies, black holes, white holes, wormholes, and everything beyond.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

New Planets

Post by SpiritTalker »

So NASA's big announcement today is the finding of Trappist-1, 7 earth -like planets in one system. My old software isn't letting me get more than headlines from NASA's site. I'll have to wait for details to trickle down. Sure would to know where this place is...like what general vicinity in the sky.
CleverlyDisguised

Re: New Planets

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

It's part of the Aquarius constellation
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ah...thanks. I was just looking it up, and stopped here first. Now, where the he el is Aquarius from my back yard? Got my star charts out...looks like southern hem. Well, da-arn. Best viewed in October about 9:00PM. Well, by the time it swings around again we'll know more. (rubs hands together with gleeful grin on face)
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Curious that it's in the Aquarius constellation, and we're now living in the Age of Aquarius.

For those interested in pseudo-alchemy, there is also the Book of Aquarius
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Ooh-Kaay. Have you made the philosopher's stone at home in your kitchen yet? Just how old did you say you are...? :)

Yeah, age of Aquarius. Is NASA hep?
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

I would love to learn more. I couldn't find any reference to Aquarius as it relates to the newly discovered planets but I wouldn't be surprise because as @corvidus has said, we are currently in the astrological age of Aquarius. I have always felt the number 7 was special and would have some special meaning for human future. In the book of revelation in the Bible there are many references to "7". "7stars" "7 lampposts" "7 churches" etc. the other inteesting thing about 7 is that's exactly how many stars we see in the Pleiades constellation. Many believers of extraterrestrials believe that there are visitors from the Pleiades and believe they look very similar to human beings.

Rosie
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Post by RosieMoonflower »

SpiritTalker wrote:Ooh-Kaay. Have you made the philosopher's stone at home in your kitchen yet? Just how old did you say you are...? :)

Yeah, age of Aquarius. Is NASA hep?
I think that may have been an honest comment. Maybe you're not familiar with the concept of astrological ages, but it's a pretty sound theory if you ask me. It was first introduced to me in a documentary called "Zeitgeist" (part 1 - there are 3 parts and they are unrelated) It use to be in Netflix. I believe these days it can be viewed on YouTube. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Rosie
Yex

Post by Yex »

Here's an article on this, as one hasn't been posted here yet. I especially liked this passage:
If there is life on any of the worlds, conditions likely wouldn’t be that similar to here. For one thing, the star itself would appear salmon-like in color, according to the researchers, with most of the solar radiation being infrared – which would still warm the planets, but would not be visible to creatures like us.

“The amount of light in your eye would be about 200 times less than the Sun,” Triaud said in the press briefing. “So think of the amount of light you receive at the end of sunset. It’s still much brighter than the Moon, but dimmer than the Sun.

“The spectacle would be beautiful, because every now and then you would see another planet about twice the size of the Moon in the sky.”
love is the whole and more than all
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

Google has the discovery in its logo today :-)
I also thought about the fact that it is in Aquarius constellation. Maybe there's something about it. I'm really curious what they will discover about them. Perhaps those huge antennas can be pointed there to see if they can catch a signal.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

@Moonrain - Look for info under Trappist-1. That's the name of the dwarf star the planets orbit.

@RosieMoom -And my teasing comment re elixir of life was about the Book of Aquarius, which describes the sorcerer's stone. I really did get the connection to Age of Aquarius, and was teasing Corvidus; but thanks for telling me about it in case I'd missed the meaning. :D

I think that we are being gradually prepared to acknowledge ET is already here.
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

The star is 39 light years away if I remember correctly. That's very far but not too far in universe scale.
Thought of meeting them feels "right" to me now. It's something that is inevitable sooner or later.
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

Trappist-1 is an ultra-cool dwarf star. 39.5 LY from earth ( good memory ) 3 planets in the habitable zone ( all imaginatively named by NASA - e,f, & g. ) E is somewhat smaller than Earth, the second and third are slightly larger than Earth. Their orbital periods are - 6.10 days, 9.21 days and 12.35 days. Because they are close to their star they are tidally locked to the star. One side always hot, one side always cool, with high winds between the two. As to alien life , in the universe 100%, our galaxy 100% in contact with us now - got me. If we are it's possible that the "aliens" were originally from earty. Man has been Man for 250,000 yComputer problem will be back
planewalker
Banned Member
Location: In my head with all the other inmates. We think one of us is schizophrenic.

Post by planewalker »

We've been building our society since the end of the last ice age, about 12,000 years. That leaves 238,000 years for the rise of technological societies, there destruction and obliteration leaving only hints of their existence. When Mount Toba blew 76,000 years ago, the human race was down to 3,000.The government wouldn't want people to know how fragile society really is. We could also find simple life on Europa and/or Enceladis. Fossil life on Mars may also show up.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

The stuff we've seen just from Rover, Mars...could be occupied by survivors. The photos are pretty convincing that something was there.
CleverlyDisguised

New Planets

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

corvidus wrote:Curious that it's in the Aquarius constellation, and we're now living in the Age of Aquarius.

For those interested in pseudo-alchemy, there is also the Book of Aquarius
I am an Aquarius lol
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=IvpXJFhDb4g

Return to “Beyond the Earth”