I had to write this down...

Post your short stories, articles, etc. here.
Heartsong

I had to write this down...

Post by Heartsong »

I am only a word from a legend, a phrase that hung like a droplet of black ink from his lips and stained his tongue. The bead of onyx marked my finger when I touched it to the firmly set mouth and as I press that fingertip to paper, the print that is left spiders away across the page, spreading other words like me boldly, hurriedly. What they say is true, legends do grow and that is because of words like me. We shift and widen, coating the air with colored, cobwebby vibrations that cling to your ears, making you remember.

I was a china doll, the memories painted into the grey of my eyes spilling quietly into the pen that seemed to have come with me when I was born. I love to tell the story, ’twill be my theme in glory, or so they used to sing with me on humid Sunday mornings. And I do. The tales spin and swirl in my mind like spun candy, thickening into bittersweet ropes of more words. But the stories have changed, and the melody has shifted, become sweeter, and coaxed me far beyond the widowed phrases that hung above me like wafting smoke.

Words, words, words, always, always are the words present. You can’t see them when they're said, but, oh, how you see them even so.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Echo_of_shadows

Re: I had to write this down...

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

You have a writer's spirit. :D
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Thank you! And that's a very good thing, since it's how I make a living, haha! ;)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Lunair

Post by Lunair »

That was really...beautiful. I felt the emotion and its so different from anything Ive ever read. You my dear have talent.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
hayal

Post by hayal »

Darling heartsong! I loved it! I hope ull share more in the future ;) loveface
)m00nLit 0wL(
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Simply amazing =) I love the tone that it sets, and even with just that small excerpt, I can almost see a whole scene from it. I would love to compare stories with you sometime; I too am a writer, though I currently do NOT make a living from it hahaha
Thank you. ^.^ It's really just something that I jotted down one day when I was bored in one of my grad classes, but when I was finished, I was surprised by what I'd written (that happens a lot). And I'd love to exchange stories! Just shoot me a PM whenever you get a chance. :)
Darling heartsong! I loved it! I hope ull share more in the future
Thank you, hayal! I have another entry on here somewhere too, and I may post more eventually. :)
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone

Return to “Creative Writing”