Who wants to write a book with me???

Post your short stories, articles, etc. here.
wiccawitchgirl

Re: Who wants to write a book with me???

Post by wiccawitchgirl »

i like your idea LA sounds good! one fluid story i think...though im sorta new to this as well.
Only the body dies. The soul lives on. - Scott Cunningham
LA-Fairy

Post by LA-Fairy »

You like which idea exactly?

I wouldn't say I am new at this, I have been part of a few online role playing games, and that is my proposal. If we make this more like a rpg (on a interactive platform (message board)), it would be more structured and in one place. Since you already set it up in rpg style (one person=one character) It would only make sense. And I think, once it were to be figured out how thhe folders would be set up, people would post more, because they can see who posted last and what they wrote about, and the next person could interact with that post and continue the story. And we could have a sticky thread which held the list of how posts are made, and if one person does not post in a week, the next person can reply.
That way, it won't be, 10 people in a story but only 3 actually post. Or well, try to at least.

But putting it into book format is new to me. That is where you have me lost. And the whole insane journal thing is just @_@ to me LOL. So, once all the posts have been made, will you be the one who is going to make it a fluid story?
Do you want me to set up my forum for this?
Merridian

Post by Merridian »

I'll just post what I PMed to wicca...because after reading LA-Fairy's post...an idea totally just hit me.
Plot synopsis –
In 1840, High Priest Sebastian McGey loses members of his coven to the Black Daggers, a secret society of witch hunters established during the reign of King James I. To combat the threat he and the remaining members of his coven, Nimue Blevins and Selina Gardner, call upon the God and Goddess for protection.
In 2012, four young witches meet through an internet message board. One of the young witches, Addison Ivory, begins a thread about the Grimiore of Sabastien McGrey – a book that their grandmother willed to them. Addison arranges a face to face meeting the other witches, Claire Laurie, Bridgette McCarthur, and Arianna Black.
At the start of the meeting, they decide to cast a spell of protection and re-create the ritual to the God and Goddess outlined in Sabastien’s book.
The spell works, but it was not what the four thought and they find themselves transported back to 1840 and in danger of extermination by the Black Dagger Society.

One person should be in charge of the fluid total story and I'm thinking with the whole insane journal thing, wouldn't it be awesome to have the characters stick to first person "diary" style entries that follow/ are relevant to the central plot? That way, whoever is in charge of the central story/ is writing it in 3rd person, can easily slip into any characters mindframe? Because as I see it...what is currently missing is the connections between the characters...they're all just random people with magic as the only thing in common.

FYI - uh, I kind of have a Bachelors in English and my major was creative writing >_>
and I'm trying not to go into take-over mode where Claire becomes the protagonist and there are lots of messy love triangles and power struggles...o_o
wiccawitchgirl

Post by wiccawitchgirl »

You like which idea exactly?
NVM
And I think, once it were to be figured out how thhe folders would be set up, people would post more, because they can see who posted last and what they wrote about, and the next person could interact with that post and continue the story. And we could have a sticky thread which held the list of how posts are made, and if one person does not post in a week, the next person can reply.
That way, it won't be, 10 people in a story but only 3 actually post. Or well, try to at least.
I agree with you here it is getting a little messy (okay alot messy) and I am more then happy with making it easier to understand.

So, once all the posts have been made, will you be the one who is going to make it a fluid story?
Yes, i guess so.
*cough* Ummmm, you like my story concept, wouldn't that make it, my plot? #don'tmakeitweird
Okay yes sorry! :? I also like Merridian's idea what do you guys think?
One person should be in charge of the fluid total story and I'm thinking with the whole insane journal thing, wouldn't it be awesome to have the characters stick to first person "diary" style entries that follow/ are relevant to the central plot? That way, whoever is in charge of the central story/ is writing it in 3rd person, can easily slip into any characters mindframe? Because as I see it...what is currently missing is the connections between the characters...they're all just random people with magic as the only thing in common.
Do you want to be in charge??? your ideas are amazing and you have much more expericane than me...what do you say?
Merridian

Post by Merridian »

wiccawitchgirl wrote:Do you want to be in charge??? your ideas are amazing and you have much more expericane than me...what do you say?
If everyone is in agreement with it. I had another idea that might help with organizing. If we can decide on plot points and events that should occur to further the story or character development to decide from wich character's point of view it should be told. Then the person responsible for the character will be given the opportunity to write that scene.
LA-Fairy

Post by LA-Fairy »

I like how you posted the synopses of the story, Merridian. That was what I was trying to point out we need, in a note ( like a sticky thread) that everyone can pull up to be reminded again.

Okay, here are my two cents,

(A)
the first person diary style could work, and we could stay on insane asylum. But maybe we should have some person, do a bi weekly round up, so not every person has to read everybody's posts. To safe time, since we all have life's and I can see how after spending an hour catching up, time is up for adding to it.

or,
(B)
stick to the role playing game system, and make posts in threads assigned to certain parts of the story, all in order and in third person.
example:
Finding the book
Person a post:
A was in her grandma's attic, she had messed up and this was her punishment. Cleaning up old junk, while her friends were in the sun. The air was thick and heavy and the only natural light source was tiny window. etc etc etc
After hours of cleaning, she came across a box that was hidden under old clothes and rags. It was a heavy, but very fancy box. A had a hard time opening it, but once she did, her curiosity went wild. This giant heavy box, held one object.
A big old book.
'Great' A though. 'Another book.' But when she picked it up, something happened. her hand tingled and there was this source of light coming from it.
It was amazing. She ran out of the attic, into the street down to her friends house.
etc etc etc.
She showed her friend the book. B brushed her hand over it, and the same effect happened.

Person B post:
B was out shopping with her mom was new summer clothes. She was slightly annoyed at her mom's frustration with her sudden growth. etc etc etc
On her way home she passed A's grandmother's house and she knew A was there because she had to clean the closet. B wanted to help her, but she knew how strict her parents were and wouldn't allow her to.
B was hanging up her clothes when he door busted open and A appeared.
She seemed excited over something and carried a big book with her.
Hello B, A said and presented the book with no words.
"What is that?" B asked.
A laid the book on the bed and said, "I don't know, I found it in my grandma's closet. I cannot open it, but when I touched it. It... It... wow."
Curious to her friends words, B brushed the book with her fingertips and she felt the light coming through the book.
The two girls looked at each other in amazment.

(and then that can go on for a few, until it's ready to move on to a new chapter.?
My forum is fairysdust.proboards.com, it is very dead, but I think I can make a group and then maybe hide that category from regular users, or at least from the public, or stuff.

Let me know what you all decide on, and if you guys ever decide to publish this, just remember me with the initial story concept, :wave: smiley_dance
wiccawitchgirl

Post by wiccawitchgirl »

I agree with you here. lets make it
(B)
stick to the role playing game system, and make posts in threads assigned to certain parts of the story, all in order and in third person.
if every one agrees on that???
Merridian

Post by Merridian »

wiccawitchgirl wrote:I agree with you here. lets make it
(B)
if every one agrees on that???
I'm not in disagreement, but I'm afraid that with the message board set up like a role-playing game others will lose interest and whatnot because you have to wait for people to log on and compose a post...it's a slow process.

At this point, professional publicaton is probably not an option as we've already posted it in a public forum - anyone can steal our uncopyrighted plot synopsis and write the book themselves. :/

New idea - one writer and several editors?
wiccawitchgirl

Post by wiccawitchgirl »

I like your idea but maybe at least 2 writers? and it can be chapter 1 is my point of view and chapter 2 is yours and so on?
Merridian

Post by Merridian »

I'm ready to start writing.

What about keeping the insane journals? I like the idea of keeping 1st person POV's for the characters. And nothing would have to really match up or stay on point, because the "final" book would be edited and hopefully cohesive.
wiccawitchgirl

Post by wiccawitchgirl »

okay then! you can start on your character POV
Merridian

Post by Merridian »

Guh! I got busy. I'll get right on it.

Return to “Creative Writing”