Mythical Creatures -- Real or Not Real?

Discussion of folklore and myths.
Alexander_Osorio

Post by Alexander_Osorio »

Hey guys, I just wanted to know in what mythical creatures you think exist. Either in an other dimension or even dreams. And have you guys ever encounter them in dreams or in vision, basically a sign of them? That you think they actually exist.
Last edited by Xiao Rong on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title to be more descriptive of the question
Queen of the Dead

Re: Mythical Creatures -- Real or Not Real?

Post by Queen of the Dead »

Okay, well I swear I talked to a siren once. Like this BEAUTIFUL girl came into the college library and came up to me to ask if there were any books on the Baltic Sea, and she had a slight accent, so I asked where she was from. She told me she was Welsh. I found a couple of books and turned around to give them to her, but when I looked at her again, her hair was sopping wet and her skin was blue-ish like she'd been in a freezer for a week. Her eyes were milky-looking and ew ew ew I will never flirt with anyone ever again. Her EYES were terrible. Then she smiled kind of and took the books before leaving. (This what I get for macking on the chickadees)

I also saw a coyote skinwalker on the side of the road in Oklahoma. He just put a skin on his back and turned into a coyote, then trotted off.

And I firmly believe in spirits, faeries, elves, etc.

What do you believe?
Happiness is hiding so you can appreciate it more when you find it. Keep looking.

Lana || Pansexual || Witch of Persephone and Hades || Eclectic Pantheist

Can't wait for Yule!
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

I know spirits are real, when I was 7yrs old my kitten's spirit came to see
me before he left the house. You know that unmistakable feeling of a cat
jumping up on the bed ? That's what woke me up cause the cats were in
the basement, his mom was basically wild and would come to no one.
I believe gnomes are real, they live down inside the Earth. Fairies are
real, they are the protector of the wild lands. Dragons were real, there's
just too many different peoples with the basically the same stories. The
Gods and goddesses are real, I can feel them, can't you ?
This is all I can think of at the moment...
My cat is pestering me to go out on the porch...I'll be back !
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge." Steven Hawkings
Alexander_Osorio

Do any of you believe in the berserker ?!?
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

By berserker do you mean the Norse Warrior?

I believe in the Fae I grew up seeing them and I still do. I love watching during the seasons as they change hills and watch their glittering lights in procession. I've seen s a few up close but have never interfered with them as they can be quite cruel when need be. I believe I was once in the company of an Elf when on a hike on the moors near the woodlands, he was dressed in earthen colours and held a walking stick, he had an unearthly quality to him and long hair tied to the nap of his neck covering his ears though I hadn't a doubt what he was. He spoke almost as if he were a noble, very polite and asked me to share his sitting rock with him. He asked me about my life and what I wished out of it and ever since everything I have ever done to better myself and my life has come to pass. He wished me well and told me to avoid a crossroad that was near my house which I normally would have taken home from my hike, came to find out there was a near fatal accident at the crossroad that same day at the time I would have been on my way home. I think he knew I could have died that day had I taken that route home and not heeded his advice.

I believe dragons were once real and I believe there are shapeshifters that turn into animals.
Alexander_Osorio

Have you ever seen the shapeshifters ?!?
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

Alexander_Osorio wrote:Have you ever seen the shapeshifters ?!?
Not personally no but I am pretty sure they are out there.
Alexander_Osorio

In what type of shapeshifters ? Meaning what animals?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Alexander, you just asked like 3 questions with no concern for the answers that were given, adfitionally this is about 3 different subjects, could you please start a new thread if you want to speak on other topics.
This way the threads are more coherent and intelligible.
Thanks, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

@ Queen of the Dead,

Personally, I'm surprised that you didn't see more strange things in Oklahoma. The magic of the Five Civilized Tribes is still very strong there. Speaking from experience.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Queen of the Dead

Post by Queen of the Dead »

I mostly stayed inside, haha. The innkeepers scared me so I didn't want to pass them by on the way down.

Really? I'm in Texas right now, so I'm pretty close to there again.
Happiness is hiding so you can appreciate it more when you find it. Keep looking.

Lana || Pansexual || Witch of Persephone and Hades || Eclectic Pantheist

Can't wait for Yule!
Alatoru
Banned Member

Post by Alatoru »

Well, I am sure that ghost are real. Mother of my friend died and several months after death there were thing that started happening. For instance, my friend was sleeping (night) and she heard some noise, like someone breaking something. When she went to see what was it , she saw picture down on the floor and glass shathered all around. She don't have cats and that stuff.

But I wish that unicorns are real :D
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless it roots reach down to hell. - Jung
Gray Pool

Post by Gray Pool »

AdastraJunction wrote:By berserker do you mean the Norse Warrior?

I believe in the Fae I grew up seeing them and I still do. I love watching during the seasons as they change hills and watch their glittering lights in procession. I've seen s a few up close but have never interfered with them as they can be quite cruel when need be. I believe I was once in the company of an Elf when on a hike on the moors near the woodlands, he was dressed in earthen colours and held a walking stick, he had an unearthly quality to him and long hair tied to the nap of his neck covering his ears though I hadn't a doubt what he was. He spoke almost as if he were a noble, very polite and asked me to share his sitting rock with him. He asked me about my life and what I wished out of it and ever since everything I have ever done to better myself and my life has come to pass. He wished me well and told me to avoid a crossroad that was near my house which I normally would have taken home from my hike, came to find out there was a near fatal accident at the crossroad that same day at the time I would have been on my way home. I think he knew I could have died that day had I taken that route home and not heeded his advice.

I believe dragons were once real and I believe there are shapeshifters that turn into animals.

Maybe you were experiencing the hobbit!

Just kidding, just kidding. I do believe in fae (What's a pagan who doesn't), spirits, dragons, all kinds of supernatural. I'v enever actually seen anuthing even mildy interesting (sadface) but I would sure love to!
Omnitheist. Caracal and pronghorn therian (if you have questions, ask please). Haven't found my specialty yet.
Alexander_Osorio

Speaking of ghosts. Who knows about the shadow people ? Because my friends friend experienced one and I truly believe she's clairvoyant but she won't except that she may be something out of the ordinary. But what is the shadow people ?!? Also what's "The magic of the Five Civilized Tribes" ?!?
MsMollimizz

Post by MsMollimizz »

From watching the "Dead files" on the travel channel
no one knows where they come from; altho they are
very dangerous, they kill, if this is a true shadow person
and not a spirit whose only means of being seen is in
a shadowy form ? I wonder if there's a way for her to
see actually what it is ?
:flyingwitch:
Gentle Light
MsMollimizz
Until one has loved an animal,
part of their soul remains un-awakened.