How Do I Deal with a Psychic Vampire?

Discussion of folklore and myths.
Khaleesi

Re: How do I deal with a psychic vampire?

Post by Khaleesi »

[Note: the person quoted here is no longer a member of this board --K]
PhoenixFlight wrote:Well, for starters, one big difference is that psychic vampires can not help what they are. For lack of better words, it is both a medical and spiritual condition, wherein vampires lack the capacity to produce the amount of energy they need, which leads them to exhaustion, fatigue, being overstressed, or a variety of other symptoms. They feed off the mental, or psychic, energy of a donor, who is usually aware of their condition and willing to help them. I have heard of them called donors, and swans before, though I am not sure where the term of swan came from.

As to what I would call what he's doing, there's really no other term for it; call it what you will, dark majick, black majick, whatever. The reason he would do it, or anyone else for that matter? Well, for starters, you have to consider that not everyone sees things the same way as each other. What you and I might see as "bad" or "evil", he may see a different way. On top of that, some people just enjoy causing destruction and pain in other people. I know that's probably not the answer you wanted, but there's no other way around it. That's simply how things are with people..

~Phoenix
Okay thanks for clearing that up. But one more question if I may? What would cause someone like this guy to target another? Does it have to do with being ungrounded?
Kassandra

Covert Narcissism

Post by Kassandra »

PhoenixFlight wrote:Well, for starters, one big difference is that psychic vampires can not help what they are. For lack of better words, it is both a medical and spiritual condition, wherein vampires lack the capacity to
...have empathy and care about the needs of anyone else but themselves (let me finish that sentence for ya,' lol).

Yes, I have met "ethical" vamps before. They do exist. But, if you get to know even them closely enough, you will discover they tend to create and maintain a constant level of high drama in their lives. Constant. And since they "lack the capacity to produce the amount of energy they need" to deal with all that drama, no matter how ethical they are, if you hang around them they will eventually suck the lifeblood out of your energy, too.

Honestly, if anything it could be that this "condition" is less medical and more psychiatric. Could be both. Submitted for your perusal, the following video --if it doesn't describe a psi vamp to a T, I don't know what would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vi6GT8TMm8
I don't think anyone out there hasn't met a "covert narcissist" before. Every spiritual path --paganism, Christ-
ianity, Buddhism (ugh, the ones I've met) is chock full of them, whether male or female. They tend to know
how to say exactly what people want to hear, so it's assumed they're quite "spiritual" or "psychic." Really
good advice provided in this video, such as confront them and behold their "narcissistic injury"-response in-
stantly kick in [@7:00]!! And, boy are they nasty when it does. In the end, it's best to just wholly cut them
off from your life...or else you will not have one.

Return to “Folklore and Myths”