Unicorns

Discussion of folklore and myths.
[WITCH1]

Unicorns

Post by [WITCH1] »

I believe these beautiful fairy tale creatures are real, you ask why? Because they are just very pretty horses with horns on their heads. They may have magick like us. Anyone agree? lilac1
Not all scars show, not all wounds heal, you can't always see the pain someone feels.
witchmoon21

Re: Unicorns

Post by witchmoon21 »

Yaaaay for unicorns:)
Legend has it that unicorn horns can purify ill water and poisons thats why in the middle ages it was a very treasured thing (kings were afraid of being poisoned, yada yada)
unicorns are pretty:)
spook

Post by spook »

I'm willing to allow that they were around and are now extinct.
and were probably more goat looking than full on equine.
witchmoon21

Post by witchmoon21 »

nice opinion:)
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Since we are in the myths-section:

I just love unicorns. Those are the only ones of the myth-creatures I really like, even though I hate horses. But they just have this special thing. They stand for pureness and innocence (and this is one of my favourite archetypes) but they also have this totally rare and mythical touch. I know it from "unicorn love/unicorn relationships", when something is way to good to be true, too innocent, too pure, that it could only exist in fairytales.

This is one of the ways I think unicorns are in our lifes. In those perfect, idealistic way of lifes noone could have ever imagined could exist in this world. I'm not talking about some unicorn energy that inspire us, or even horses with horns. But some people just are able to integrate something about this unicorn myths into their life and this is totally inspiring and beautiful.
JuniperBerry
Banned Member

Post by JuniperBerry »

I'm sorry, but...

the litle girl in me is totally squeeing! Unicorns!!! :D
The Gods we worship write their names on our faces; be sure of that. A person will worship something, have no doubt about that. We may think our tribute is paid in secret in the dark recesses of our hearts, but it will out. That which dominates our imaginations and our thoughts will determine our lives, and our character. Therefore, it behooves us to be careful what we worship, for what we are worshipping we are becoming.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

As believers in the folk-religion we are studying, we seek after mysteries that expand the scope of our gods and our understanding of them, not reductionist theories that reduce them to manageable and socially productive "functions".

-Our Troth
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Now I'm laughing, Juniper :D You are just sooooooo right :)
[WITCH1]

Post by [WITCH1] »

Wow didn't think people would post! :shock: I like the informtion about the unicorns though! I really didn't know that!
Not all scars show, not all wounds heal, you can't always see the pain someone feels.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Yes there IS a Unicorn alive! No its not a joke!
The Narwhal's are pretty much unicorns! They are whales, but whales are like horses-somewhat, and they have a horn!
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

But Narwhals aren't really magickal, are they? They have no magick qualities ^^
john85uk

Post by john85uk »

Viking traders used to sell Narwhal tusks as unicorn horns for quite a lot of money. Queen Elizabeth owned one too. I don't pretend to know this I've just been having a browse through Wikipedia. lol.
Traumwandlerin

Post by Traumwandlerin »

Because it's pretty ;) It still doesn't contain the magickal properties of an unicorn ;)
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

True not magickal.....Or are they? Scientists dont know that much about them...We never know! biggrin4 big_grin
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
Netalula

Post by Netalula »

I remember learning once about a species of horses that had two horns where one was slightly longer than the other and people call them Unicorns. maybe i am confusing this with something else... :type:
Greek_Male_Witch

Post by Greek_Male_Witch »

Basically even though, Unicorns would be amazing creatures if they existed, I don't believe they do, why? because nobody have seen them, I mean its a horse with a horn on its head, someone would notice them somewhere, unless they exist in some other plane, then yes they might exist.
What Goes Around,Comes Around!

Return to “Folklore and Myths”