Unicorns

Discussion of folklore and myths.
Purewitch22

Re: Unicorns

Post by Purewitch22 »

Yeah..I noted some Native American beliefs they think there are PURE WHITE Spirt Bear's millions of miles South of Alaska..Has anyone seen them? I doubt it. But people don't see Spirit's either but I believe in them!
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
Netalula

Post by Netalula »

Greek_Male_Witch wrote:Basically even though, Unicorns would be amazing creatures if they existed, I don't believe they do, why? because nobody have seen them, I mean its a horse with a horn on its head, someone would notice them somewhere, unless they exist in some other plane, then yes they might exist.
Whether unicorns exist or not is a debatable subject. You might be right, but as far as we know, they could be hiding in some unknown land. *cough* Atlantis *cough*
seawitch Artist

Post by seawitch Artist »

The Unicorns Dream
Well, believe in them or not, I was asked to do this painting for an as of yet to be published (in German) set of childrens books, depicting a foal Unicorn dreaming of being grown up :mrgreen:
Ula

Post by Ula »

I have always liked unicorns. An Irish myth says they were too busy playing to get on the arc and were all drowned. I like the idea brought up about Narwhals not being magical. I know that the Chinese considered Narwhals and Rhino horns to have magic properties. I would also think that in some capacity it figures into Eskimo and Inuit myths. If for no other reason than being a unique whale.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

The bible actually has a lot of talk of unicorns.

Psalm 29:6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn
Psalm 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like [the horn of] an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Job 39:9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?
Job 39:10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?
23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn

King James his bible I believe, there are a few more like that probably.
So the christians seem to believe in them... :D
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

I'm terribly sorry.........
The lil girl that wants a unicorn is STILL screaming.
Unicorn's were supposedly hard to catch, and if you spotted one.... You were most likely a young, innocent girl, sent to gain a Unicorn's trust then lure it to it's death.
If they are as smart as they say, they might've been able to find a way to HIDE Their horns for people that WOULD hurt them. Wild Stallions avoid humans. Maybe THEY are Unicorns in DISGUSE!
Now I want to look for one....
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost

Return to “Folklore and Myths”