Vampires, Mermaids, The Lost City Of Alantis

Discussion of folklore and myths.
Purewitch22

Post by Purewitch22 »

Vampires, Mermaids, Werewolfs, The Lost City Of Alantis! Are they REAL? I have friends who all believe it differently! So does it matter what your religion, or culture is?
Blessed Be!
If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” —
Margaret Drabble

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, /
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” — William
Shakespeare
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all
the difference." — Robert Frost
Ravencry

Re: Vampires, Mermaids, The Lost City Of Alantis

Post by Ravencry »

Religion doesn't matter with these issues. Religion doesn't matter in any belief in mythological creatures situation.

I don't really believe in mermaids, but I believe in a vampiric type animal, *and not the bat*, but I believe that somewhere, somehow, ancient peoples encountered an animal that was where the myth was created. a blood-sucking human-like creature.
BaeTheWitch

Post by BaeTheWitch »

I believe the Lost City of Atlantis was indeed real but an earthquake or tsunami or maybe even both drug it into the sea. Mermaids, yes I believe that they once existed (Maybe still do, but I'm not sure) and they were just people who evolved to live in the sea. Now vampires I also believe in those just not your stereotypical versions of them you see in movies.

-Blessed Be!!!
ValerieAnne

Post by ValerieAnne »

Yes, I believe in it all. I think Mermaids are/were just people that needed to adapt to where they were living, in their case under water. I think vampyres are/were people that liked to drink blood and had animal like features/gestures. I do not think they are anything like the movies depict them to be nor do I think they turn into bats, although I know why they are linked with bats (vampire bats, not fruit bats). I also think werewolves are people/creatures that live by the moon but I don't know why. I believe the Lost City of Atlantis somehow got sucked under water, forces of nature but I don't know what force is strong enough to make a whole city vanish.
Violet

Post by Violet »

I believe they are as real as you want them to be. The imagination is not child's play, but a portal into the spiritual world. Magickal beings can become a part of anyone's life. However I think most people no longer see a need or purpose for them.
FoxandAshes

Post by FoxandAshes »

I realize this post hasn't been replied to in 3 years, however, I believe in both mermaids and the lost city of Atlantis...possibly a connection? If you consider the theory, is it not possible the people of Atlantis were the ones needing to evolve over a long period of time (evolution doesn't just happen over night, but that you knew), to adapt to their city ultimately being consumed by the ocean? Something to consider. I do feel like if Atlantis were real then it either would be the islands surrounding the Bermuda Triangle or it IS the Bermuda Triangle.
Three things cannot remain hidden; the sun, the moon and the truth.
Imperious
Banned Member

Post by Imperious »

Violet wrote:The imagination is not child's play, but a portal into the spiritual world.
Child's play?

Due to being uninhibited by social indoctrination, children are the world's most powerful sorcerors. Taking their sensitivity away from them is the most cruel and abusive thing we can do to our youngsters, yet many parents insist on "growing up".

Tragically, what growing up really means for such people is: "Be more like me, because I can't understand the depths of your imagination".

As for mythological creatures, well... I suppose it depends explicitly on how you define such things. I, for example, am comfortable with the existence of vampires, lycanthropes and ghosts but perhaps not in the conventional sense. This ties religion into it indirectly, because your religion will often influence your worldview in subtle, but powerful, ways; this influence can make you more likely to accept concepts that are more abstract than the mundane world can ever possibly accept.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I don't think that the stories of such things, along with their presence in many cultures and areas of the world, would have survived without there being some element of truth in them. The stories predate the Internet by many centuries, unlike some urban legends. While it's true that oral history can shift over time, I'm still inclined to put more stock in a culture's oral history than I am in many Internet sources.

I agree with Imperious, that we train our children's natural abilities out of them in the name of conformity. I tried to avoid that with my daughter. I think I was partially successful. My grandkids have many long and involved conversations about being different types of shape shifters. I think they're at least open to the idea, if not actually on board with it. Time will tell.

My own experiences with shape shifting have taken place in the astral, so I think perhaps our physical plane is less conducive to such activity. As for ghosts, I've seen spirits for as long as I can remember.

SnowCat
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Folklore and Myths”