PinkTurtle

Bloody Mary

Post by PinkTurtle »

...anyone?
Anything?? :?
Kitty

Re: Bloody Mary

Post by Kitty »

Are yuou talking about the mirror thing ??
We used to do that in primary school at sleepovers - lol.
I can't remember it ever working for me but then again that could be because of lack of belief - my friend swears it works for her ...
And as for real or not well I would think that like any form of divination it'll work better for some people than others. i don't believe that the 'Bloody Mary' bit itself makes a difference though tbh
xx
PinkTurtle

Post by PinkTurtle »

did she say what happened?
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

not really - lol
more gushing along the lines of "oooh he totally appeared to me and he was soooo hansome *swoon* Tall, dark and hansome
bearing in mind we were very young I'm somewhat skeptical. I'd be somewhat interested to try it again now I've developed magically though
xx
PinkTurtle

Post by PinkTurtle »

welll if it works please dont tell me!! lol that really freaks me the hell out!!...worst than candyman! haha betcha that one was all lies though but for some reason a part of me always felt differently about bloody mary.They had about a billion when i was younger..bloody mary, candyman, BABY JESUS???!? :| :roll: lol i dont know!!
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

http://paranormal.lovetoknow.com/Bloody_Mary_Myth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Mary_%28folklore%29
http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/pub ... 3062.shtml
http://www.halloween-website.com/bloody_mary.htm

I never really looked that much in to the bloody Mary myth, it seems like though there are many variations and different reasons behind different variations though. Each link seemed to have something a little different, the last one leads to a list of different bloody mary stories~
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

the version I know is where you say "bloody Mary" 3 times and you're supposed to see your future husband in the mirror behind you - lol
What's the candyman one ? I don't think I've heard of that
xx
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Candymans not a myth but rather something made up for a movie. Candyman was a series of movies that copied how you do bloody mery only instead of bloody mary you where say candyman.
PinkTurtle

Post by PinkTurtle »

Lost_Demise wrote:Candymans not a myth but rather something made up for a movie. Candyman was a series of movies that copied how you do bloody mery only instead of bloody mary you where say candyman.

Yeah orignally! but when i was in junior high people made up a load of crap which is why i didnt believe it you would say candyman in the mirrow spin around 6 times saying candyman come to me with each spin and a black candle in your hand he he was supposed to appear and he would try to drain your soul and you had to give him CANDY to get him to leave instead...biggest pile of bs i'd ever heard but the bloodymary was very similar spin 3 times say her name with a white candle instead of black and she was supposed to come and steal your beauty if you couldnt answer a riddle to the clue of how she died..in junior high we all had VERY active imaginations..these stories were why i didnt do it..not candyman but bloody mary..noooot cool! lol
^_^'
Lost_Demise
Banned Member

Post by Lost_Demise »

Well at least with bloody mary there might be some truth to her~ Though what part is truth and what's myth I wouldn't know.
ScarlettRose

Post by ScarlettRose »

I so remember doing Bloody Mary! I was soo little. I have older brothers, so they would always tease me into doing it.
The way we did it was, spin around 3 times with the lights out and you would see bloody mary in the mirror and she would be very scary and all bloody! I don't think I actually ever did that, but I'm gonna say it's a myth.

& I never did the Candyman, but I remember the movies haha :)
Breathing in I feel gratitude; Breathing out I give thanks.
Breathing in I feel joyful; Breathing out I celebrate.
Breathing in I know compassion; Breathing I am compassion.
Breathing in I feel loved; Breathing out I offer love.
Breathing in I am still; Breathing out I am at peace.
Om.
Starwolf176

Post by Starwolf176 »

I once read in a book that Bloody Mary was a young woman who lived in the country with her father and after he died she grew old alone and rarely left the house. I believe she went insane and kidnapped women from the town near her house or something like that its been a very long time since i read it but i believe she was a real person. But when I was younger like 8 or 9 there was a house in lincoln that was beat up that me and my friend thought was her's and we never walked past it we only ran.
Robert L

Post by Robert L »

Don't recall which one of Clive Barker's books had the original "Candyman" short story in it but I recommend that even if the film wasn't your thing. It touched on urban myths, especially among young children about local bogeymen. (Don't know about everyone else but when I was a kid, there were similar myths about a crazy guy who lived in the woods, killed kids just a few years prior, etc, etc)
Going to be offline from 1 Feb to 1 March. (playing Army in LA)
See you all when I get back. :)
Fionn The Mutt

Post by Fionn The Mutt »

I think it was Books of Blood volume 5 that had the story (The Forbidden) that Candyman was based on.

The "Bloody Mary" thing is a trick of the eyes and the mind. That being said, it's something that can bring up some rather interesting results in things like trying to see spirits.
Sag1130

Post by Sag1130 »

I do not think Blood Mary is real. I'm sure that is has some origins in the past with someone trying to connect with the dead, but I would like to comment about what may take place during that act. Sitting in a dark room staring into a mirror (which is used for scrying and as a window/portal to other worlds) you are engaging in a form of trance work and if you are sensitive enough or raise enough energy you are basically calling out to the spirit world, and since your intention is to see something scary you are making yourself vulnerable to malicious or mischievous spirits.

The same applies to Quiji/Spirit boards. Please be very cautious when engaging in any form of spirit work. It is very important that you properly shield yourself and make it very clear that your will/power banishes any negative energies and allows only positive and loving energy. As long as you have a clear focused intention you can open the doors to great things. Please do your homework and shield before trying to contact spirits though!

Good luck and blessed be.

Return to “Folklore and Myths”