Jewitch, Judeo-Panganism, Lewagan, JAP-L.

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
Witch1693

Jewitch, Judeo-Panganism, Lewagan, JAP-L.

Post by Witch1693 »

There is a new wind coming around the witches world. it is called the Jewitch. I thought i was the only Jewish Pangan person but until i reasearched Jewitches and came up with many sites that i will state later. It is a new movement that there are jewish sanctuaries with 2 archsone for the Torahs and one for the BoS. I am starting my own coven of jewitches in my hebrew school and we will use a little torah given out in hebrew school and the necro book from wichesmoon. Lots of my jewish friends do magik and now i feel like i will be so accepted. here are some good reasources. in the wikipedia article is not so good for info but for sites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judeo-Paganism

Any questions?, i am an expert
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

Common noone thinks this is the least bit interesting?
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

I find the Oxymoronic part of it interesting, do not get me wrong if you feel comfortable with this then so be it, but I will pose two questions that I asked my best freind as well when he proclaimed himself a christian witch.

1) How do you reconsile the beleif of being a Jew and a witch against these two important things that are a core beleif of the first part of the religion.

The Bible contains many passages exhibiting intolerance towards other religions, and almost no passages which actively promote inter-religious tolerance. Wicca/Pagenism is certainly a religion that is very different from Judaism and Christianity. Wicca, as well as Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, Native Spirituality, Taoism, and hundreds of other religions are thus equally condemned by many verses in the Bible

Many Wiccans/Pagens engage in specific practices to foretell the future. These include scrying, tarot cards, I Ching, runes, etc. Although these practices are not mentioned in the Bible, they are similar to other divination techniques which are condemned in various biblical passages. However, not all Wiccans engage in divination. And the vast majority of persons who use divination are not Wiccans/Pagens

In Ephesians 5, verses 11 & 12, written before the end of the first
century, Paul addresses the issue of the mystery cults who held meetings very
much the same way the modern witch cults hold their meetings.
"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather
reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done
of them in secret."
Why does Paul refer to these mystery cults as unfruitful works of darkness?
Due to the human and animal sacrifices, homosexual and bestial practices of
these ancient pagans.

Yes lots of these teachings are proving false but it does not change the fact that, this is beingh taught as well as the fact the bible both in the old testamenta and the new testament, teach expressly that use of magic is the devils work. So to be a jew witchis technically a violation of the core religion.

Now this is not to start a fight it is to ask a very serious question, The path you seek to take is one of the hardest, because alot of people both pagen and Jewish will veiw you as a paradoxy. You have to be prepared for people to tell you that you are wrong and not just because you are "worshiping satan" but because you are also committing an even greater crime in their eyes, or blaspheming god by grouping him in to rituals and beleifs that he expressed through his disipals(sp) for you not to take part in.

Witch we have talked through posts on this board so you know I am not attacking you in any way, or your beleifs. In my own way I am asking questions you should ask yourself before you start down a very lonley road.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

I dont agree with some things in the bible. i dont believe there is a hell, you proved that The Jewish belief is in hell, and osme of the things in judeism i dont necesarily agree with.
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

And I can both understand and agree with that, Hence my asking these questions. For instance by claiming you are a jew witch, you are attempting to join two religions, that are completly and utterly different. By using the title you are sending a message to people before hand, and inviting preset assumptions as to what you beleive.

When me and anyone else on here says we are pagen it generally assumed that we hold no faith or allegence with the bible, studied or commanded.

It is generally beleived by the populus at large we are attacking the youth of the world by most the christian type religions, and filling their heads with beleifs of an evil nature. NOt true

But it is something that every single pagen has had to deal with at least once in the following of their faith. This predigise is what we seek to change by having these forums and talking amongst ourselves, while not breaking our beleifs and allowing others to come and ask of us freely. But we have had centuries of time to have the preset ideas of us imbedded, so most of us know what we are getting into when we call our selves pagen.

Wiccans even though a new branch of pagenism.(don't snap wiccans read it all first.) based of and on the old ways of the many pagen religions, has proven its ability to learn and adapt from the mistakes the religions of past have made. As well as a very strong ability to stand up and say this is what we beleive. (even if sometimes their knowledge is not exactly correct.) This is admirable and to almost all pagens and even when wiccans and pagens disagree all together we share a common understanding.

Using the title of jew pagen, invites the idea of the joining of these two religions, and for alot of reasons pagens and wiccans alike, (no matter what the goddess's creed, the order of the gods, or the wiccan reed, or the plethera of other teachings in all the denominations of pagenism say, the word jewish, brings images of sex with a sheet between you and the women. (old way I am not jewish So I don't knwo how prelavent this is anymore.) Women not being alloud to hold any position of leadership in the religion, and not being totally equal to men.

Something that is almost totally disputed by the religiuon of witchcraft, in any form. It furthermore attrubutes to that a beleif in an entiy of complete evil, again something that most pagen religions teaches against.

So these thinkings are what i was preparing you for, asking you to ask yourself these questions before you finally and equivently say I am jewitch, and be sure that you beleive in what you are learning, because to not do so would be to set yourself on a path of uncomfort more than you are already on, in the position you wrote about above.

Smiles, may the gods watch over you
Exilus
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

Thanks, you put alot of work into posting, i dont lol, but thats good. By saying i am a jewitch i am saying that i am an earth based, nature loving, season respecting, spell casting, ritual doing, potion making, and anything else withcrafting that witches do while being jewish. I am saying that i am jewish becuase i dont believe in the trinity, i believe in one god, and many jews have different perspectives on god so i call my perspective of the jewish god The Great Siren(like a fairy/ mermaid that sings and helps nature) and i believe in everything else jewish, i read hebrew, and the only thing i dont do is fast on holidays(i get severe migranes) and believe in hell/ the devil. Am i sounding sane? i have many friends that are only jewish and believe the same as me without the witchcraft. So I sound sane right?
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

Yes you do, and I personally can see even with what I have seen from people in religions, but from reading the books they are taught of can see how the two will mesh decently.

But I am not everyone else, so be prepared for the questions and be prepared into answering question intellegently and with feeling and you will do fine...smiles.. But remember those questions I asked you and ask yourself calmly with each thing you are taught, with what I have learned from pagens, wiccans, and hindus andthe mass of other religions I have talked with and about.. Do I truly beleive this, and if you don't be prepared to answer questions of why you don't with as much proof as you can hold.
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

But thats it for me tonight talking I think, looks back at the typonese in that last post. Good night all may the starts watch you safley.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

thats good advice. i will do that. And they do kinda mesh together decently when you modify the traditional belief slightly.
Addalaide

Post by Addalaide »

Just my understanding of the religions i dont see how its posable really, like i also dont see how someone can say there pagan and belive in the christian god.

My understanding of the pagan religions is that its a polythistic religion, 2 god/ess or more and the christion and jerwish religions are monothistic religions witch means one god/ess.

I understand how someone can do rituals, and spells and be christian or jewish, but i cant understand how that say there pagan.

My understanding of jews is thay dont do any type of pagan acctivity, at all. Like x-mess and easter and things are christion/pagan, even messionic ( the jews who belive in jesus) jews celibrat hanika(sp) and not x-mess because x-mess is pagan.

I understand eveyone belives there own thing, i am somewhat eclectic myself. But i dont understand how you can blend a group that hates "evil" activity with the "evil" activity. I say "evil" because thats how thay see it ( well most see it).

I have been to temple befor, it was the most fun i have ever had at a service, but i really just dont understand how its posable.
Merry Part
~Addalaide
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

why's that hard to understand. sounds alot like the god and goddess to me. 1 basic entity throughout the universe
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

I thiunk of pagan becuase i am an earthbased jewish person, not the god part. Thats why. And we dont celebrate christmas becuase it is supposed to be the birthday of jesus, and jesus there is proof that he was born in the july august time. i dont know what but i know there is.Does everyone understand what i am saying? I am Jewish, but i am an earthbased jewish person who believes in magik and things. i believe that there are many things like god like water sprites, and earth sprites that are powerful, but that they are not GOD. I dont call myslef wiccan,(i may soon, i am geting into it)but, i am pagan, and i am jewish.
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

To give you some hope, it seems to me that some of the prophets readily performed acts which I would consider magic. I'd even go as far as to say that there is some implication that there were worshippers of Israel's living God who belonged to a line of organized magicians. Some might say that these prophets only ever performed miracles and that this shouldn't be considered magic; I think that the text is highly ambiguous about this. Also, if the 'power' used to perform miracles had no personal attachment to the prophet, then what does it mean for Elijah to pass on his power to Elisha?

I'm too lazy to cite specific verses or anything and will withdraw from a lengthy academic discussion because I prefer to remain somewhat lazy. However, if you want an idea of what I'm talking about, maybe give 'Kings' a read.

I'm not certain, but I think that maybe the Old Testament makes an implied distinction between one method of magic and another. For example, maybe it's only condemning what's called sorcery in the vernacular.

In any case, I think being self-contradictory and hypocritical are part of being human, so even if that's the case with you (although I'm not sure it is), good luck with your endeavor!

cheers,

T. Guy.
Exilus
Banned Member

Post by Exilus »

Well I say that because both the jewish and the christian have books of rituals to worship their god. What is magic, A prayer that the gods will help you.

What is a potion, it is a holy sacrament, we simply change ours to match the problems at hand.

What is an angel, just a demi god in the pantheon.

We burn candles to worship so do they.

Infact they work magic everytime they stand in a church and simply follow judism or christianity.

They just do not call it as we, so they seem not of the word of god.

The two religions already mesh, because in truth what is paganism simply the beleif in a god, or a Goddess or both, But that is not all pagens some beleive in one god, looks to his native american friends.

but infact for the most part blending of the two simply requires changing terms.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

See this, i love this stuff! i am glad i posted it becuase i was debating posting it but now i am glad i did.

Return to “News/Articles”