Marriage Equality is Legal in the US!

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Marriage Equality is Legal in the US!

Post by Xiao Rong »

Super freaking excited. I'm at work but I have to post about this. US Supreme Court ruled 5-4 that same sex marriage is a right and therefore is now legal in all 50 states.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us/su ... riage.html

SO HAPPY!!!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Vesca

Re: Marriage Equality is Legal in the US!

Post by Vesca »

I heard about this too. Looks like some things are moving in the right direction. :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

This great news Xiao!
one more step in being able to express our true being.
For some reason my device wont load up the story :?
Bb, ff
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I still can't believe it. Today is truly HISTORIC. There's still a ways to go, but this case is as groundbreaking as Loving v. Virginia (legalized interracial marriage). I really cannot believe that the battle for marriage is over, and that WE WON!
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'm so happy about this! Still mad it was EVEN an argument in the first place... But that's in the past. Woohoo~ I'm so happy for all of my friends who will be able to get married without worry now~ <3 Truly a beautiful day!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

firebirdflys wrote:Edit to add...Kass has a post too! You guys Rock!
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 31008.html
Ff, I deleted that one, didn't see this one when I posted, no use having two, lol.

Yeah, I couldn't believe the headline first time I saw it in my online newsfeed, thought it was some kind of typo. I mean, I didn't even know this case was under consideration at this time, totally caught me by surprise. It seemed to just drop out of the news. Someone I talked to earlier today said the Supreme Court likes to spring their decisions on big things right before they recess for the summer, or something like that, so it's, "OK, here's our decision... bye bye." lol

SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Denying rights to someone because of their biological uniqueness has no place in a civilized world. Now everyone just has to get through the social backlash that will likely come from conservative sources.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

Some Texas Pastor says he'll burn himself in protest... funny considering suicide is a mortal sin. Bloody moron. I am so happy about this, it is a great step for humanity in the way of acceptance.
Thistle

Post by Thistle »

Omg I know! I was so excited when I heard. I didn't even know it anything was going on until my bf off handedly mentioned. But yay America! !!
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

AdastraJunction wrote:Some Texas Pastor says he'll burn himself in protest... funny considering suicide is a mortal sin. Bloody moron. I am so happy about this, it is a great step for humanity in the way of acceptance.
My response to that on Facebook, was that if he does so and survives, he can thank SCOTUS for upholding ACA. A stay in a burn unit is not inexpensive.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Blackthorn

Post by Blackthorn »

I am so happy for my American friends. :) In the past couple of decades our community has done so much- but there is still so much to fight for. Hooray for this victory!
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

This is fantastic news. I wish more countries were as advanced.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Yeah Texas is still resisting. I can't remember which official it was but he said that clerks will have the right to refuse signing marriage licenses for same sex couples. When are people going to learn? I keep seeing posts about how these people will look silly in 40 years for resisting and I can't help but think that's true. Haha
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

I saw a post on FB that said certain parts of Alabama were banning marriages outright in response. It's like they puffed up and went, "What? Equal rights for all? Nay nay we say! If all can have it, then none shall have it!"

Pfft. :roll:

Still, I'm so excited and proud that marriage equality has happened! Finally!!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
AdastraJunction
Banned Member
Location: This crazy place in the USA called the West Coast (Originally London, UK)

Post by AdastraJunction »

I just do not understand how in this day and age people still have such a medieval mindset. Same sex relations are as old as sex itself look at the Greeks, it was considered a philosophical meeting of minds for a man to lay with another man. I just do not understand the resistance people still have, religious views aside. Oh, well a win is a win and hopefully people will realise how good it is for human rights. Sorry I'm babbling, a bit tired today it's still early and I'm only on my third cup of tea woke up before the sun to call my mum.

Return to “News/Articles”