This Guy Says Consent Kills the Romance

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
Heartsong

This Guy Says Consent Kills the Romance

Post by Heartsong »

Has anyone else seen this? I'm fuming after listening and reading about Rush Limbaugh's latest nugget of "wisdom" to the masses. How is this not, in essence, stating that rape is ok?

I'll add that if you are a victim of sexual abuse, you might want to just read and not listen. It's nauseating.

Here's a link to the audio and a small article from the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/1 ... 6&ir=Women
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: This Guy Says Consent Kills the Romance

Post by Xiao Rong »

Awesome. Just awesome. Exactly what we need -- another old fogie telling us about how nonconsensual sex is the best! Don't know how this guy still has a platform from which to spew raw sewage in the form of words.

I just spent the weekend helping with an educational program for the freshmen at the school where I work about sexual assault and I had to spend a whole hour with a bunch of them who all wound up agreeing with each other that consent is such a "gray area" and that "women are just crying rape all the time anyways to get back at guys" and that "women should just take more responsibility for their own rapes". I just wanted to headdesk so bad. (Okay, this wasn't really super related to your post, Heartsong, but I'm just more pissed than usual about people who say this sort of rape apologetic bullsh*t, so I have to vent).
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Vent away, Xiao, I don't mind (and if anyone else wants to use this thread for that, by all means, go right ahead, because I kinda feel like doing it too).

It blows my mind that people actually listen to this stuff and agree with him on it, not to mention what Xiao wrote. It's frustrating, and infuriating. And to top it all off, I'm pretty sure that the only reason he even said anything along those lines was because he hasn't been in the spotlight lately. So while it might inspire so much-needed discussion, it's ultimately a ploy for publicity that devalues any said discussion, because he isn't giving any weight to his own words. It's a throw away topic to generate some ratings for his radio show. And frankly, that almost pisses me off more than what he actually said.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Right, so if a woman says "yes" it's a "Yes" all the time. And if she says "no" it's most of the times "yes". And I was just wondering why would everyone think the guys are the ones who think about sex all the time. Apparently girls are thinking about it and without rest too!
I wonder what kind of a freak is this guy. He probably would never ever have sex if he doesn't rape a woman. That's why he thinks this sh*t. No other explanation. Swine, just a dirty little nasty horrible disgusting swine!
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

Even some consensual sex is traumatizing if its done wrong..... so nonconsensual sex will def be traumatizing
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

So my PTSD due to sexual abuse isn't real. Gee Rush, if someone chooses to remove you due to the garbage you spew, we can just figure that isn't real. All in favor say AYE!

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

AYE!!
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
J. Michael Mount

Post by J. Michael Mount »

Wanna know an even bigger romance killer: sexual assault.

I swear he'll say anything to get attention at this point. Probably hoping we'll be so enraged that we'll forget he promised to leave the country.
Echo_of_shadows

Post by Echo_of_shadows »

I know damn well that I didn't consent to being afraid of almost everything for the rest of my life. What a nauseating maggot. :evil:
jmorton8

Post by jmorton8 »

Just to play the devils advocate on this...they could have meant like playing the game and getting the catch and there still being mystery..not knowing...as opposed to the LT relationship where the couple has established all their boundaries. I didn't hear em...but yeh Rush is the epitome of obnoxious pompous asinine gibberish, yet very occasionally he can sound kind of smart.

As dumb as Rush can be, I have a hard time believing he would condone rape, because yeh any non-consensual sex is rape...right?
hecate8

Post by hecate8 »

Rush is the king of spewing garbage, but this is over the top, even for him! I would say boycott his advertisers, but I'd have to listen to his show to know who they are, and that would make me puke.
Free or drug free? America can't be both!
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'm not... I'm not even going to read it. I can't afford to go on a 'break everything in my path like a pissed off hurricane' tonight. I need to run off to bed soon anyways. I can already tell where it's going, and I don't even want to read through anymore BS this guy has to say. UGH.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “News/Articles”