Haiti made a pact with the devil? = earthquakes?

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
midnightgoddess

Haiti made a pact with the devil? = earthquakes?

Post by midnightgoddess »

Just curious to see what everyone thinks about this claim that the earthquakes in Haiti were caused by a pact they made with the devil:

http://news.discovery.com/tech/other-de ... devil.html
Sallydreams

Post by Sallydreams »

I think it's ridiculous.

But then again, who am I to say so? Since I'm a Wiccan, I also am ruled by the devil. :roll:
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

Face/Palm

For those who dont know that means to slap ones own face with the palm of their hand with a homer simpson like "doh" moment....

These people are so retarded i honestly dont know how natural selection hasnt taken its course.
midnightgoddess

I honestly think this is the rambling of an idiot, but then it lead me to wonder if people really think you can make pacts with the devil. Like when you ask a God/Goddess for assistance, couldn't someone who really believes in a devil do the same? What do you think?
shadowx
Banned Member

Post by shadowx »

I am not one who subscribes to sentient deities, rather by invoking a deity i would say that the person is infact invoking the energy of the universe and forming that energy into a deity subconsciously so they can work with the energy easier and relate to it, in much the same way that non spiritual people will refer to "mother" nature. So according to my own ideas i do not think it possible.

Plus i know what causes earthquakes and it sure aint sentient beings or deities.
BlackTeddyBear

Post by BlackTeddyBear »

Yeah... I think that may be the biggest pile of crap I've read so far this week. To put it simply, earthquakes are caused by shifts in the giant (tectonic?) plates under the Earth's crust. I'm sure everyone already knows this, right?

They aren't caused by the 'devil'.

Also, no amount of 'devil worship' could ever do anything like that. Ever. Period.

Buuuuut! I have to agree with Sally on that one part... Since I'm a Wiccan nothing I say to them will matter anyway because I'm just one of the devil's puppets, right? :twisted:
midnightgoddess

Thanks guys for all the insight. I was curious to see what others thought of this outrageous claim. I thought it was interesting since some might see the devil as a diety they can call upon. But I definately agree with all of you on this one. goodnevil
FanaticBattery4

Post by FanaticBattery4 »

Mr. Robertson needs to seek some professional help and fast! I highly doubt the quakes happened because of a pact with the devil. How can one's will doom an entire country based on individual power?
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I agree with the above posters. Pat Robertson is a disgrace to Christianity and a horrible example of how ignorance has prevailed over inteligence. What this man was thinking is beyond me.....oh wait he was not thinking lol.
FanaticBattery4

Post by FanaticBattery4 »

reikihealer83 wrote:I agree with the above posters. Pat Robertson is a disgrace to Christianity and a horrible example of how ignorance has prevailed over inteligence. What this man was thinking is beyond me.....oh wait he was not thinking lol.
Nevermind mind being a disgrace to Christianity, more like a disgrace to mankind. Somehow, I doubt he was thinking about those who are suffering. Probably thinking about his name on TV or in the newspapers and blogs. What a wanker!
reikihealer83

Post by reikihealer83 »

I could not agree more. I think people like him are just a disgrace. I wish people would realize that people like him are NOT to be looked up to for spiritual anything.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

if god is all knowing and powerful and angels have no free will if the devil did something wouldn't it happen in accordiance with god's will?
vodu

Post by vodu »

ive been to haiti to study a few times though the years there is no devil in haiti just humble people who are strong and have strong faith acts of nature are not made by da devil if anything it will make them stronger over time and show the world there faith can be broken even though da worst of times vodu.
vodu

Post by vodu »

can't sorry
:roll:
jaelle

Post by jaelle »

Chris Hitchens over @Slate has a great article about this. You can get it http://www.slate.com/id/2241877/

Return to “News/Articles”