RIP Billy Mays, MJ, Farah Fawcett

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
[ShadowPhoenix]

RIP Billy Mays, MJ, Farah Fawcett

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tyct9l-fD8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tyct9l-fD8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[ShadowPhoenix]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLpjN3f1xxI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLpjN3f1xxI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
[ShadowPhoenix]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRsM_rU_80g&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gRsM_rU_80g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Haha watch the storm trooper!
Imiko
Banned Member

Post by Imiko »

I don't know why everyone is making a big deal about it. So they're dead, everyone dies. :/ It's the natural course of life. OOOO they were famous and now their dead! It's news when they first die, and it just gets annoying with all of the Documentaries and bullshit on the Television.
[ShadowPhoenix]

How dare you?! One should show respect for the dead.
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

My husband's stance is exactly the same as Imiko's -and personally, I agree with you, Shadow Phoenix. (makes for interesting conversations at home).
However... simply because of their position of fame, they are honestly not deserving of any more of the general public's sorrow than, say, Joe Schmoe or Jane Doe... who also died that day. If one's expired life is being missed and offered respect, all who die should be offered the same respect. Just because these select few were in the limelight, truly doesn't make them any more special or deserving than anyone else is.

Granted- these 'stars' have passed away... and though everything that lives, dies... the shame here is that these people died young; died from cancer, died from probable addiction, or a possible accident and brain trauma... these are sad lives that ended before they should have. That's the real tragedy here.

David Carradine too- another accident. Ed McMahon and Carradine are the two who aren't getting as much attention... probably due to the fact they had a long stay on the planet and their passing is not as much of a seemingly untimely tragedy.

So, if one is to take a moment of silence for Michael, Billy, Farrah or even David or Ed.... please take another moment to also remember and honor all the others who have passed as well.

~BB~
*M
Imiko
Banned Member

Post by Imiko »

ShadowPhoenix wrote:How dare you?! One should show respect for the dead.
Oh, I dare. My Friends brother died, My Best friend died, and my Grandmother died all in the course of three years. But does that have any effect on the world? No. Okay, so he has some good songs that...elder people would like to listen too, and people influenced by his music. HOWEVER, everyone dies. Life goes on. Be sad about it for a little while, then move on with your life. Don't drag it on, that's no good for you or the person dead.

In other words, He's dead. That's great, but does that effect my education? Or my Job? Or my GARDEN even? Nope. So, I don't find a need in making a Mountain out of a mole hill.
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Wow I found out like a week after the Billy Mays died. All 4 people died in the same week. Weird. I did not expect Micheal Jackson or Billy Mays to die. Sad really for Micheal Jackson. I loved him since I was a kid. Billy Mays was also great. Remember see him on the Conan O' Brien tonight show. Great guy. But Micheal Jackson had a lot of impact in the whole world. Does a lot of charity work and use his fame for that and done great things. Will miss him dearly.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

When you listen to someone's music for a long time and love it, or you watch their movies and cry and laugh, you feel connected to them. So when they die, it feels like you have lost a part of yourself with them. Some of our fondest memories were created by their art, or their music may have been the soundtrack for the happier times in your life. I think it's good that the world is mourning for Michael Jackson. I love his music and I love him. Celebrating great artists inspires the rest of us to share those aspects of ourselves that would benefit the world (that some of us may be too afraid or self-conscious to share.) When we see that other people truly appreciate originality and creativity, it helps us come out of our shell and express ourselves.

R.I.P. Michael. Don't mind the haters.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

And with all the bad crap in this world this is what brings us upon agreement and joy. Bringing us closer instead of apart.

Return to “News/Articles”