Pagan Sings Invocation Before Local Town Meeting

If there's a news article you'd like to discuss (witchcraft related or not), this is the place to do it.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pagan Sings Invocation Before Local Town Meeting

Post by Xiao Rong »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjkwPK8HuKQ

This is pretty amazing. Here you can see David Suhor, a Pagan in Florida, sing Starhawk's quarter call before the local town meeting. In part, this was to protest a recent US Supreme Court decision to permit sectarian prayer before town meetings, despite a long history of town officials preferring to exclude minority faiths' from delivering the invocation. David Suhor believes that the only truly inclusive way to have an invocation is to have a moment of silence. You can definitely tell in the video the people shuffling awkwardly -- one councilman walked out even before the invocation was delivered.

As I've mentioned before, I think Town of Greece v. Galloway has been an important decision in that it is rolling back the rights of people who practice minority faiths or no faith at all by permitting the practices of majority faiths (Christianity) to dominate public settings and deliberately exclude expressions of minority faiths. Real freedom of religion should mean an entirely secular government -- that's the only fair way to be inclusive of everyone's religion. Until then, I applaud David Suhor's efforts to protest this decision by giving the supporters of the SCOTUS decision just a tiny taste of what it's like to be forced to pray against your conscience.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Re: Pagan Sings Invocation Before Local Town Meeting

Post by Starwitch »

Gotdamn! He is extremely confident, singing that invocation so loudly in front of a bunch of Christians. lol. That's awesome. I feel kinda sorry for the Christians because I know what I would have been thinking when I was a Christian - that this guy is summoning Satan, and here I am, being part of it. Who knows what havoc will be wreaked upon my life now? Haha.

That was really cool. Thanks for sharing it with us, Xiao.
Mr Crowley
Banned Member

Post by Mr Crowley »

Singing that invocation so loudly in front of a bunch of Islamists. lol.
That's awesome. I feel kinda sorry for the Islamists. Haha!

I'm having a problem: could you help me fit the lol/haha into the sorrow extended to others?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Say What Mr C???
TY Xiao not sure how I missed this.
BB, FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson