Broom closet tips?

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
valerian moon

Broom closet tips?

Post by valerian moon »

I started a new blog for closeted witches, but have no idea how to start it. I've never been in the broom closet (the blog is [url=http://the%20broom-closet.tumblr.com]here[/url]
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
WiccanWitch

Re: Broom closet tips?

Post by WiccanWitch »

what does "closeted" mean?
Becks

Post by Becks »

It means you aren't "out" as a witch. One practices, but doesn't tell most people.
The White Rabbit

Post by The White Rabbit »

Well...

As for topics, you could consider:

- Easily concealable spells, practices, and altar arrangements
- Substitutions for pricey/hard to find ingredients or tools
- Tips for celebrating the Sabbats without being overly obvious
- Resources for new witches, etc.

These are just some starting points. You could probably think of lots more, but those were the first that came to mind. When starting a blog, you should also consider what "audience" will be reading it. For instance, a blog geared toward youth (13-21) might offer tips for dealing with parents and family, while a blog geared toward people beyond that age bracket might have more focus on spell work (with less emphasis on ease, portability, and concealing one's practices). Another thing to consider is how much time you are willing or able to devote to blogging. Despite my enjoyment of writing, I know that my other commitments would not allow me to write consistently. If you don't update your blog often enough, your readership will likely drop significantly.

Good luck and happy blogging!
Unknown

Post by Unknown »

That's a good idea. You should also do Q&As for new witches and make a list of valid excuses (for example, if your parents ask you what are all those herbs for, you can say that you'll need them for Home ec.)

Return to “Teen Concerns”