changing eye color...

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Elem

Post by Elem »

like normal water and heavy water (not Hard water, thats completely different), both are H2O, but hydrogen has an extra proton in its nucleus in heavy water
Yip, you were almost right there haha it's an extra neutron the H has (so it's an atom of Hydrogen with 1 Proton and 1 Neutron), converting it to Hydrogen's isotopic form - Deuterium.

Heavy water isn't particularly naturally occuring, and you certainly couldn't just turn normal water into heavy water with the power of thought, or words written on a piece of paper wrapped around a jar... Since you would have to create mass to make the new neutron. Speculating beyond that is pointless, since you couldn't do that in the first place haha but needless to say.. Even if you could create neutrons, you'd have trouble forcing them to 'bond' with the protons in the Hydrogen atoms...

Blech, sorry, I'm getting all scientific again haha. Ignore me, I don't mean to be an ass, it's just my scientific side showing itself..

Elem
bombalurina

Post by bombalurina »

ok, im done with this topic. I still do believe that our thoughts are extremly powerful. Ive heard of people who have completely eliminated cancer without any chemo, radiation, or medication. Ive also heard of people who were told theyd never walk again, walk. these people are seen as medical miracles, but i think theyre just good thinkers and send thier energies accordingly. I will agree Elem, that you cant rewrite your dna (although i do think you could trick it) but the energy it would take is hardly worth it, for something as shallow as eye color. I guess Im just the oposite, my feelings and intuitions greatly overpower my need for data or "proof". call me a dreamer :) but no offense taken.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

sorry, I'm getting all scientific again
Tis okay, Elem. I think science and magic work great together! There's quiet a few scientific rules that I believe apply directly to magic. Sometimes it can seem as though they are being broken, but really just bent a little, or you simply can't see the process.

My favorites are "Energy can neither be made nor destroyed" and "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction".

Hmm... I just had a thought. I haven't spent a lot of effort on glamour type spells (mostly because I don't really believe in them... impractical even if they worked) but what about aura concentration? Have you ever looked at a spot on a wall and the room seemed to darken around your vision? Well, what if changing your eye color wasn't so much the physical pigment change (which is impossible, imo) as it was the manipulation of your auric field so that it tricked the light patterns that an observer was seeing. Even someone who couldn't see auras might be fooled by that extra denseness of energy directly in front of your face.

I might just be grasping at straws (especially since I've never seriously considered this subject before), but that's what popped into my head right now.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

bombalurina wrote:Ive heard of people who have completely eliminated cancer without any chemo, radiation, or medication. Ive also heard of people who were told theyd never walk again, walk. these people are seen as medical miracles, but i think theyre just good thinkers and send thier energies accordingly.
This reminded me of a statement that got branded about in the early 90's - "Power of Positive Thinking". It was all the rage and so many books were published referring to it.
At the time I smiled knowingly to myself realising that a lot of what was said was no more than basic spell crafting. Think yourself to good health, think yourself to happiness, think yourself to a new job etc etc.
While I might come off as a bit of a hypocrite here - I do believe that peole can improve their lives by simply thinking positive about it (heck I've been doing it the last 20 years) but I really don't believe that a person can change their eye colour...it is a scientific impossibility.

Sercee - you raised a very good point. Glamour spells are no more than "tricking" the person looking at you into thinking they see you differently....the only way I can see this as being possible is by affecting and changing your aura. that is possible.
kai

Post by kai »

Elem wrote:Yip, you were almost right there haha it's an extra neutron the H has (so it's an atom of Hydrogen with 1 Proton and 1 Neutron), converting it to Hydrogen's isotopic form - Deuterium.
Elem
D2O yes, thank you :) , studied in school, long time back, not much in chemistry now :oops: .
[Kai]
Pakkaram

Post by Pakkaram »

It is possible to change eyecolour with magic. I have done it.
I turned one woman's eyecolour from grey to blue, as was my aim. But, it didn't last long, some weeks if I remember it right, after that her eyes turned into greenish. Now her eyes are almost entirely returned to their original colour. Her eyes are still a bit greenish it seems to me.
Pakkaram

Post by Pakkaram »

bombalurina wrote:Ive heard of people who have completely eliminated cancer without any chemo, radiation, or medication.
I even know one person who has done it many times.
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

Sobek wrote:well i dont know about you people, but toxic waste can do all manner of things for a persons self esteem and molecular structure i mean...have you people NEVER seen or read a Marvel(!)
hehe
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Pakkaram wrote:It is possible to change eyecolour with magic. I have done it.
I turned one woman's eyecolour from grey to blue, as was my aim. But, it didn't last long, some weeks if I remember it right, after that her eyes turned into greenish. Now her eyes are almost entirely returned to their original colour. Her eyes are still a bit greenish it seems to me.
It's evident that we are capable of altering eye colour based on other colours surrounding the face, the weather will effect eye colour, even moods effect eye colour.
But these are just illusions.
To physically change eye colour without it being an illusion is an impossibility.
IT CAN NOT BE DONE!

I too know of people who have eliminated cancer without medical intervention. It is an amazing feat to heal oneself but alack and alas it is not something everyone can do and I don't believe in giving false hope to poeple.
It in no way should it take the place of medical treatment.
Pakkaram

Post by Pakkaram »

hedgewitch wrote:
Pakkaram wrote:It is possible to change eyecolour with magic. I have done it.
It's evident that we are capable of altering eye colour based on other colours surrounding the face, the weather will effect eye colour, even moods effect eye colour.
But these are just illusions.
To physically change eye colour without it being an illusion is an impossibility.
IT CAN NOT BE DONE!
My experiences show me other thing. By the way, I examined the woman's eyecolour in a room, also with no daylight. And there even was no blueish wallpaper. So no illusions.
hedgewitch wrote:I too know of people who have eliminated cancer without medical intervention. It is an amazing feat to heal oneself but alack and alas it is not something everyone can do and I don't believe in giving false hope to poeple.
It in no way should it take the place of medical treatment.
I didn't say it should take the place of medical treatment. I see that people can use both methods at one time - to cure something with witchcraft/energetically and with medical treatment at the same time.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Pakkaram wrote: I didn't say it should take the place of medical treatment. I see that people can use both methods at one time - to cure something with witchcraft/energetically and with medical treatment at the same time.
Please don't confuse my last post. It was not my intention to give the impression that that is what you were saying. It was more like a disclaimer than anything else. I didn't want people reading what you and I and bombalurina had put and misinterpreting it.
:)

As to the eye colour changing spell it IS an impossibility to physically change the colour of someones eyes. It is acceptable to give the illusion of but IMPOSSIBLE to physically change.
QueenOfTheDamned

Post by QueenOfTheDamned »

so you guys are saying all those eye color spells i found over the years are fakes?
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

positutly fake.... :lol:
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

I had found a spell on changing the eye color in the past, which worked by creating an illusion around the eye. The spell writer had warned that most people that are really close to you (close friends and family) would probably see your real eye-color anyway. So maybe some of the spells you found were real, but not permanent or really useful in anyway.

I personally wear blue eye contacts almost every day, and I tihnk it's easier to do that than a long and difficult spell that I'd probably have to repeat every few days or so.
Addicus

Post by Addicus »

i personally, wouldn't discredit anything without rigorous testing...

I mean, if you try them and they don't work for you, then maybe they are fake. But I would have to try them(which i wouldn't cause i'm happy with who I am, as you should be) because i feel it would be a waste of my energy.

If you truly wish to change something about yourself, I would reccomend doing it via contacts, surgeory, or hair dye. :p
~Peace, Love, and Gummy Bears~

Return to “Teen Concerns”