changing eye color...

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
~*Grace*~

changing eye color...

Post by ~*Grace*~ »

Is there anyway I can change my eye color without a pentecle?
......and call me a fluffy, but i was just wondering...
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

yep, get contacts
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
~*Grace*~

Post by ~*Grace*~ »

thanx for being sarcastic... real nice.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Not sarcasm but the truth. The only way to change your eye colour is to get coloured contacts love.
Elem

Post by Elem »

You can not change your eye colour with magic.

Your eye colour is created and maintained by the production of pigments in your iris. To change the coding in the cells that produce these pigments, you'd have to completely alter their genetic structure.

No matter what people think magick and spell-chanting can do.. It never has been able to, and never will be able to, change your genetic structure.

Sorry to rant.. It just riles me that there really are people out there that sell spells to 'change your eye colour' or 'make you lose 120lbs in only 1 day!'..

If you want to change your eye colour, then your best bet is to use coloured contacts. Other than the very subtle fluctuations in eye colour you might experience from time to time (on the whole, entirely un-noticeable), you can't change your eye colour any other way.

Elem
Alleycat

Post by Alleycat »

sorry to dissapoint you, but the others are right. you should just get contacts. although i dont really see why you'd want to change the colour. no offence or anything but what's wrong with the colour of your eyes now? unless they're red and everyone screams and runs away!! (a little bit of humour about something never hurt anyone did it?)
fatalism

Post by fatalism »

Okay first off:

1) I will humour the masses here and say that yes, there are ways to make your eyes appear to be of a different color. In other words, you can trick people to believe that your eyes are of a different color by creating an illusion around your eyes.

2) But it's so time consuming and energy consuming and an extremely concentrated and high-level use of energy that a beginner would only have marginal success with a spell such as that. Ironically, most people who have reached a level in which they would be able to pull off the spell wouldn't even think to waste their energies on a spell like that to begin with.
"Nothing is True; Everything is Permitted"
bombalurina

Post by bombalurina »

people here will probably laugh at me like they did you, but i think you can change the color of your eyes with magic. Has anyone here ever read about the water expiriment of Dr. Emoto? its a bit long to explain here so you can google it, but he proved how human thoughts are powerful enough to actually change the molecular structure of water! If we can do that, why not put your energy to use to change your molecular structure as well. As long as you believe it will work, and focus properly, it will over time. But i dont mind if people laugh, if i hadnt tried it, id think it was quite silly too!
Elem

Post by Elem »

but he proved
I'd be careful with that word :lol:. 'Prove' is a powerful word.. Do we really have absolute proof of anything? Even the things we take as facts can sometimes be destroyed. I mean.. C'mon, people used to think it was a proven fact that the world was flat haha - how wrong were they, eh?!

Either way.. From what I remember of this guy, Dr Emoto's theories are far from 'proven'. One of the most important things I remember about his experiments is that he's, self-admittedly, not a scientist.. He hates scientific formality, and as such not a great deal was applied to the experiments he did - he chose the pictures he felt represented 'consistency' with his theory...

To do that completely destroys the 'fairness' of his tests - it's like walking up to people in the street and asking 'Are you male or female?', then ignoring everyone who says they're female when you write up your 'experiment', because you're trying to prove that the entire world is populated soley by males... Flawed logic, ne?

Either way, even if his experiments held any sort of truth or fairness, affecting Hydrogen bonds (relatively weak bonds between the water molecules caused by their Hydrogen atoms - they're rather important when ice crystals form, and help determine their shape) is entirely different to affecting genetic structure. Genetic structure is immensely more complex and consists of many different forms of bonding - some far stronger than Hydrogen bonds, some weaker.

Either way, to physically rewrite your DNA through will alone... Damn, if someone could do that, don't you think they'd be better off re-writing the DNA of terminally ill cancer patients to destroy the cancer? Or re-writing the DNA in people who are born with genetic abnormalities like cystic fibrosis? If it were possible, of course... Sure, nothing's impossible, but.. Some things are improbable to the extreme.

Sure, you can create an illusion to make people believe that your eye colour's changed - but why would you want to? Is it really so important to some people that the colour of their eyes doesn't clash with their shirt or trousers? I mean.. Jeez.. Would anyone actually notice? Our eyes appear to change colour all the time. Hell, spend enough time in the sun (or in the dark) and you'll see noticeable changes in the amount of pigments produced, and thus, your eye colour.. But, like I say - would anyone actually even notice?

Meh.. I've ranted enough on eye colour spells before on this board before now, so apologies for doing it again.. It's just one of my pet peeves :).

Elem
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Perhaps I 'm just lucky but my eye colour is cool anyway.If I wear vivid or deep greens my eyes seem green,If I put on grey or pale blues they seem blue,like wise with with browny khaki tones - it picks up the yellow flecks. I mostly wear black, which shows them as they are -grey with yellow flecks -called grey/hazel by some. It 's actually my genetic inheritance [and my medical condition which has increased the brown pigments in my tissues,over the years] one parent had brown eyes the other grey. I use eye make up to enhance the tones I want and clothing colours too. You can use the art of illusion to enhance this effect ,but I wonder why anyone would want to really[other than personal vanity,lol which I have lots of] I think most folk don't pay that much attention to eye colour,most of my friends can't remember each others correctly when asked. When I get angry [adrenalin rushes angry that is -whoah!] my eye colour appears to drain -they look pale grey - that's when my friends get worried.lol again. I seem to have eyes that are very expressive - I have had numerous comments about 'evil eyes ' 'sad eyes' and 'angry eyes'- Perhaps exerimenting with contriving emotional response in this regard ,would produce a slight change???
bombalurina

Post by bombalurina »

yeah, i guess i used the word prove because i believe it. You have every right not to believe it, and many people dont. Even if you have a bias against changing your eye color though, the water thing is pretty plain to me. How else could you explain water molecules completely changing their molecular structure overnight, without anything added except a picture word placed on the bottle? I mean, if our energies are strong and focused enough on something, we can make it happen. Thats why magic works. I guess it would just be the beilief that it wouldnt work that wouldnt allow it to.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

well i dont know about you people, but toxic waste can do all manner of things for a persons self esteem and molecular structure i mean...have you people NEVER seen or read a Marvel(!)
Elem

Post by Elem »

It's not that I don't believe it out of just a "pah, what a load of rubbish!" mindset.. It's the fact that there's no way the 'experiments' he did can be backed up. Sure, it's a lovely and wonderful theory, I can't deny that, but... That's all it remains as, until the bias introduced from him cherry-picking the photographs for the results is removed. Note - my bias as far as eye-colour-changing-spells goes is set aside here haha - anybody who respects accuracy and truthful / unbiased results would say the same about his experiments, I assure you.

Also, I hate to say anything, but the scientist in me is beating at my fingers forcing me to type :lol: - It's the crystalline / lattice structure that's changing, not the molecular structure. The water stays as H2O, there's nothing changed about that.. It's just the way the water molecules interact / bind with each other as the temperature lowers that's allegedly being affected.

Sobek - If you have a ready source of radioactive secret research-strength toxic waste.. Or radioactive spiders.. Or 'mysterious energy from space'... Then, sure, anyone can change their eye colour ;) haha. I'd rather have the superpowers, though, if I had the choice....

Elem
kai

Post by kai »

Hey, i saw this long time back on tv, and they said water changes its crystal structure (when frozen) depending upon the type of energy around it, like if its a positive environment, then you most probably have positive energy, and when that water was frozen its crystal srtucture came out to be different than water in some other environment. I guess somthing like that, as elem said, it was the crystal structure that changes. But molecular structure can be a bit different in different types of water, like normal water and heavy water (not Hard water, thats completely different), both are H2O, but hydrogen has an extra proton in its nucleus in heavy water, i dunn remember properly, i studied in school and its long time back, so google it :D if you want!!!
[Kai]
brokenxdreams

Post by brokenxdreams »

I think bombalurina does have a point, but I also believe that Elem has a point.
I say if you put enough energy and effort into your thoughts, you could change your eye color, but just a wee bit. Nothing dramatic.

Return to “Teen Concerns”