Terrified to drive

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
YanaKhan

Re: Terrified to drive

Post by YanaKhan »

mrsdavid1975 wrote: After getting a license and driving. ALONE, I gained confidence and loved it.
I think that may be the key. I had to drive by myself the day after I got my license. I was working in a bank and the main reason why I started the driving course in the first place was, I couldn't ask my colleagues to drive me around as they also had work to do. So I had to start driving by myself instantly.
The best thing about it was, I got to learn on an officiary car with full insurance and I didn't have to pay for gas :)
mrsdavid1975

Terrified to drive

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Haha. NICE!!

Ya....I learned to drive a stick because I was home alone and bored. My husband took my car and left the 5 speed. I said " hey. Can I drive your car?" He said " if you CAN ". And my Leo took over. Haha. I was like. Aww HELL no!! So I got in that car and learned it on the dirt road we lived on it cut off on me twice but I got it hahaha. After I got going , it was easy. I had no issues. .. Until my dumb ass couldn't figure out how to get the key out because there was a little button UNDER the steering wheel. Hahaha. But hey. I drive that sucker and now I can drive anything lol.

My husband drives a tractor trailer. He even let me drive that once.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

Oh, I've never tried to drive an automatic gear car ... Should be easier. I directly started on a five gear.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

That is the BEST way to learn! You will not know what to do with your hands and feet when you get into a reg automatic car hahaha
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

One of my favorite fast cars ( belonged to then beau) was a 59 Impala pick up,(was the precursor to the El Camino) it had a "3 on the tree" it had been modified, think it used to be "4 on the floor", In any case it went faster than I was really comfortable with. I lived in the desert at the time and it was tempting to race however a broken motor mount kept me from becoming a crazy street racer...seen the bad aftermath too many times now anyway. Not a good sceene.
But burn outs were fun though! haha I was maybe 19 at the time.
Ooops bad influence to the learners :roll:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Silversong
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow (if the rainbow is in Oregon)

Post by Silversong »

Azure Lily wrote: I'm only 15. ILL BE 16 IN A FEW MONTHS AND I WANT TO DRIVE. But then I really don't. A) That's frick fracking terrifying. B)Pollution C)I don't know. BUT I NEED TO DRIVE. Because I found out the local convenience store is like new age on accident. They sell incense, candles, herb seeds, staffs, gem stones, it's just like... so great! And after having all my altar tools stolen, I'm making my own things and feel stronger than ever. I may be down on my luck, but I sure as heck ain't down on my mood! I trust the lord lady.
*sees own name quoted* OH GODS WHAT DID I DO WRONG *actually reads post* Oh... okay. XD

I want to drive, grr... I'm not really scared of it. I've been driving the lawnmower for years and the tractor the whole summer and while I understand they are in fact different beasts, I get a bit of a thrill out of being in control of that kind of power, to be perfectly honest XD I'm on top of the world when I'm on top of that tractor, roaring along. <Right up until you knock out the water spigot?> ...Shut up, you.
The downsides of having head voices.
Anyway.
I am also extremely, extremely jealous that you have a store like that near you. Tiny town... tractors, but no Craft stores. *sigh* Ups and downs, choices, choices. I always have to snag whatever I can, whenever I can, because I rarely get the chance.
I don't really know what to tell you with the fear of driving, other than possibly talking to your car, stupid as that may sound. You cannot tell me technology doesn't respond to that; I have had the most interesting "conversations" with devices XD The most dramatic example being the time I told my Kindle (which was being rather frustrating) to "talk to me!!" and literally the next time I turned it on it started talking to me. Out loud. Scared me out of my skin. I hadn't even been in the settings, didn't even know that setting EXISTED, so there was no way it could have gotten turned on by accident. And it has a password on it, so... not that there's anyone in my house that would prank me like that.

Return to “Teen Concerns”