Terrified to drive

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Terrified to drive

Post by Naudia Threng »

Deejean wrote:
Silversong wrote:
Deejean wrote:
Silversong wrote:*sneaks cookie off of lavender's plate* Completely randomly, how many of you are actually teenage/younger Witches, if you don't mind my asking? (You don't have to specify age, of course.) Just out of curiosity, because I see a lot of the people on here and I'm like "welp I feel very small" because I'm so much younger and more inexperienced than some of you.
Hey silversong! I'm only 20, I mean I'm an adult but not that old at all, and I also feel quite inexperienced here sometimes. This forum is filled with so many brilliant witches haha.
Heya! 20 counts as a "young Witch" to me XD Yeah, it always amazes me how much the people here know compared to me... I mean, I've been practicing (kind of) basically my entire (rather short so far) life, and I am still a very, very small fish in a very, very large pond, so to speak. x3 Nice to see I'm not the only one, though.
No no you're never alone :) yes I've pretty much been a witch my whole life too but I have always worked off instinct and not ever really known terminology for things, so coming here I was very overwhelmed with knowledge but the community and people here made me feel very welcome and not at all like I was an outsider or small hehe. Though I do feel small because theres just so much to learn :P

I'm only 15. ILL BE 16 IN A FEW MONTHS AND I WANT TO DRIVE. But then I really don't. A) That's frick fracking terrifying. B)Pollution C)I don't know. BUT I NEED TO DRIVE. Because I found out the local convenience store is like new age on accident. They sell incense, candles, herb seeds, staffs, gem stones, it's just like... so great! And after having all my altar tools stolen, I'm making my own things and feel stronger than ever. I may be down on my luck, but I sure as heck ain't down on my mood! I trust the lord lady.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Deejean

Re: ROLL CALL!

Post by Deejean »

Yaay Lily I'm glad you're feeling stronger and something good has come of your misfortune. :)
I'm also terrified to learn to drive! But want to because it would make life easier lol but its also expensive. And I'm just down right scared to drive when other people are on the road lol
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Deejean wrote:Yaay Lily I'm glad you're feeling stronger and something good has come of your misfortune. :)
I'm also terrified to learn to drive! But want to because it would make life easier lol but its also expensive. And im just down right scared to drive when other people are on the road lol
Haha, driving is terrifying. I like grind my teeth into dust when we are stopping at crossroads. Like giant metals things rolling towards each other at highspeed? No thanks.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

Azure Lily wrote:
Deejean wrote:Yaay Lily I'm glad you're feeling stronger and something good has come of your misfortune. :)
I'm also terrified to learn to drive! But want to because it would make life easier lol but its also expensive. And im just down right scared to drive when other people are on the road lol
Haha, driving is terrifying. I like grind my teeth into dust when we are stopping at crossroads. Like giant metals things rolling towards each other at high speed? No thanks.
Would definitely be scary! It's bad enough in the passenger seat lol
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

My mom is making me learn though <•<

That means I'm gong to need lots of chamomile tea. With a hint if lavender. Or maybe just a bus ticket!
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

A friend of mine rides his bike everywhere. Year 'round (snow tires and layering up in the winter), and bikes in 20 miles to and from work every day.

You have alternatives if you really have a mind to pursue them. :)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Terrified to drive

Post by Firebird »

Driving is fun for me, I couldn't wait to drive and think I got my license on my 16th birthday. They used to have driving programs in school which made it easier and no cost. Does anyone remember those trailers with all the little driving modules inside? Ha ha those were a joke, pretending to drive while watching the film, yea...I think it was film. But then we all went out in cars that had brakes, on both sides so the instructor could "save" us...or was it two steering wheels, or both...hummm memories. .......
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

Schools still have those programs. They just cost like 399$.
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

Oh god I wish drivers ed was still free! I went for my g1 test on my 16th birthday and failed twice before getting it lmao. Never made it further than that though.
YanaKhan

Post by YanaKhan »

My driving instructor once told me that if you are scared, you shouldn't be driving. And yes, I too have friends who bike all year round. Not only healthy for the biker, but pollution free too.
I love to drive, it calms me. Especially with the windows rolled down and very loud music playing :)
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Post by Naudia Threng »

YanaKhan wrote:My driving instructor once told me that if you are scared, you shouldn't be driving. And yes, I too have friends who bike all year round. Not only healthy for the biker, but pollution free too.
I love to drive, it calms me. Especially with the windows rolled down and very loud music playing :)
I like your driving instructor.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I used to be terrified of driving, to be honest. There are still sometimes when I am but it gets so much easier. It's when you start learning and actually understand what you're doing that it begins to get less daunting. The more you start learning and actually driving yourself, the more it usually becomes easier. Not for everyone, of course, but most people I know are scared to start driving. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Deejean

Post by Deejean »

My family keeps insisting I learn to drive, but I'm just so nervous. And no one is taking me out to teach me so yeeah. I'm not gunna just start driving around other people lol.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I don't claim to be a good driver (though I'm the one who's teaching my fiancee how to drive). In fact, my Dad who is a part-time driving instructor would claim that I'm his worst student... ever! xD. One, I don't listen, I'm a hard, pain in a neck guy. And two, if he scolds me, I'll take it out on him in some ways worse and painful (like telling something to my Mom, he doesn't want me to tell).

But practice makes perfect. Everyone started as stupid, ignorant or whatever you call it.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
mrsdavid1975

Post by mrsdavid1975 »

Lol. I was terrified too.

I had my first child at 20. I didn't drive until after he was born. I let people drive me around. After getting a license and driving. ALONE, I gained confidence and loved it. I think MOST people are scared.

I even learned to drive a 5 speed within that year.

Return to “Teen Concerns”