The Hidden Witch Way, including Do's and Don't's.

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Selena Silverlynx

The Hidden Witch Way, including Do's and Don't's.

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

Hi!
This post is for witches who live with parents or siblings or both who pry or annoy them about their religion, or for the witch who prefers not to come out of the closet.
The way is...The Hidden Witch way.

The Hidden Witch Way:
1. Make a small and hidden altar. Here is my post how to make shoebox altar: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 24969.html
2. Don't burn witchy candles, e.g, with pentagrams on them or Celtic symbols. Burn simple ones instead.
3. After doing a spell, and taking out your hidden altar, e.g, shoebox altar, make sure you haven't left anything behind. You don't want that pentagram lying in the spotlight, visible for anyone who enters in your room to see!
4. Find a nice hidey place to store your small and hidden altar. In your closet or wardrobe, in a drawer where no one knows of, any nice hidey-hole.

Here are small objects you can use for spell casting:
1. Plain candles.
2. Small carved plain figures, e.g, a small clay statue with no symbols, just plain, representing Bastet.
3. For the elements, use those symbols: Feather for Air, tiny unlit candle for Fire, a small closed jar of water for Water, a rock for Earth, and a Clear Quartz for the Spirit.
4. Innocent pictures may help. E.g, a picture of Odette from Swan Lake may represent the goddess Selene.

Do's and Don't's for the witch who does the Hidden Witch Way

Do's:
1. Keep your magical stuff hidden and locked up.
2. Change your magical stuff from secret place to secret place. Therefore, if someone finds out a hidey-place, they won't find it there.
3. Honour your god(s) and goddess (s) in secret.

Don't's:
1. Keep your magical stuff lying everywhere.
2. Drop hints about your religion if your parents (and maybe siblings) don't respect it.
3. Wear your magical jewellery in full view.
4. Keep your hidden altar in one place.
5. Put your magical stuff under your bed. Not a good idea.
6. Dress top-to-toe in black. That sends a message saying, ''I'm a witch! Look at me! Yuppy-yappy-yay!''

Non-magical looking amulets:
1. Keys. Charge them with safety spells. Keys look innocent, (as long as you don't add magical symbols to them) so you can't be suspected of being a witch because of your keys.
2. Your non-magical looking necklace.
3. Your hairbrush. Weird as it is, but people can't accuse you being a witch because of your hairbrush (as long as you don't decorate it with magical stuff!).

Magical tools you so should not buy if your family doesn't respect your religion:
1. Athame.
2. Bolline.
Why?: Your family would freak if they saw a knife with a pentagram in your room.

Pentagram Problem Solvers:
1. Keep your pentagram hidden in your hidden altar. Do NOT leave it lying around.

I hope this helps you!

Selena Silverlynx
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)
valerian moon

Re: The Hidden Witch Way, including Do's and Don't's.

Post by valerian moon »

I like this. even though my family knows i'm wiccan (but think it's a phase.... whatever) I still have to keep it from half my family. my brother doesn't care, even though he's 8, but my grandpa and aunt would flip the frak out if they found out. I mean, I use a plastic bin as an altar (usually resulting in an altar full of melted candle wax from an uneven surface...) and keep it under my desk :)
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
valerian moon

Post by valerian moon »

your signature is cool too
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.
Selena Silverlynx

Post by Selena Silverlynx »

xxmoonxraverxx wrote:your signature is cool too
Thank you!
Why are black cats associated with witches?
Because black is an awesome colour, cats are awesome, and so are witches. People are actually linking awesomeness to awesomeness to awesomeness. ;)

Return to “Teen Concerns”