Already getting criticized by my best friend

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
GreenArcher

Already getting criticized by my best friend

Post by GreenArcher »

Just of today I've been learning about paganism due to my personal beliefs and I told my best friend about it. We're the same age but I feel wiser than her. Like she looks at things a strict way that kind of stop you from learning and accepting certain truths.

She started quoting genesis to me and saying not to think that humans and plants are equal because we are the superior race and such. It all sounds so self centered to me. It's frustrating. But I just dropped it because I don't know how to explain to her so she'll understand. But I don't think she ever will. I think to be into this sort of thing calls for a deeper understanding of the world around us.

But it's my spiritual journey and if I can't share my beliefs with certain people so be it.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Already getting criticized by my best friend

Post by Xiao Rong »

Sorry to hear that. It really stinks when there are some things you just can't share with people you trust. I'm definitely still in the broom closet with most people I know.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
GreenArcher

Post by GreenArcher »

What bothers me the most is that she said "EVERYTHING'S IN THE BIBLE AND THAT'S HOW IT IS. NO IFS AND OR BUTS." But like many others here would agree with me the bible itself has been manipulated to fit men's needs. There's also a loss in translation and not to mention the books that were taken out of the bible. Which I believe hold the key to the real truth when it comes to controversial topics such as witchcraft.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

I think we can learn from the bible. I think we can learn more by listening to the viewpoints and beliefs of others.

Frosty
Daughter of Sekhmet
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

loss in translation and not to mention the books that were taken out of the bible. Which I believe hold the key to the real truth when it comes to controversial topics such as witchcraft.
Well, certainly different opinions on what Christianity can and cannot be. Based on what you say here, and the other thread, you sound like you're still interested in Christianity - just not the mainstream kind. Have you considered looking into Christian Gnosticism and Esoteric Christianity? They tend to place more emphasis on the non-canonical books of the Bible, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_Christianity
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
GreenArcher

Post by GreenArcher »

Thanks for your help. I feel like trying to get a Masters in religions now lol but from what I read I'm not much into esoteric Christianity. I've got more of a Mother Earth feel.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

I certainly relate to what you're experiencing, as many of us here do. Pretty much everyone I know looks at me like I've got 3 heads when I talk about my beliefs lol. My bf has more of a Buddhist outlook but we share very similar thoughts on things which does help.
GreenArcher

Post by GreenArcher »

My bf is a sensitive and he supports my exploration. He sees auras and has had experiences. We share similar beliefs as well.
InfiniteDawn

Post by InfiniteDawn »

I feel wiser than a lot of friends my age too, GreenArcher. Sometimes there just isn't much we can do about it. You're lucky your boyfriend is supportive, though! That's a good start. There are definitely people here that you can talk to about your beliefs and newfound interest in Pagan things. :)
GreenArcher

Post by GreenArcher »

Since iv started at least learning about it I've been feeling different. Like more in tune with some force. For the past two days I've felt uplifted, energized, and so much more. It's really hard to describe. But I think its a sign that I'm walking on the path I'm suppost to so far.
Vigdisdotter
Banned Member

Post by Vigdisdotter »

Honey, one thing to remember about humans--be they your age or otherwise--is that they HATE thinking they might be wrong. As a result they are easily threatened by that which is different. When they react in a defensive manner the best thing to do is roll your eyes and simply stop listening. Or laugh and walk away. The worst thing you can do is treat them like you are taking them seriously, as that gives them a power base and things will get messy fast.

Learning to pick your battles is an important life lesson.
Pinkpower_80

Post by Pinkpower_80 »

Vigdisdotter wrote:Honey, one thing to remember about humans--be they your age or otherwise--is that they HATE thinking they might be wrong. As a result they are easily threatened by that which is different. When they react in a defensive manner the best thing to do is roll your eyes and simply stop listening. Or laugh and walk away. The worst thing you can do is treat them like you are taking them seriously, as that gives them a power base and things will get messy fast.

Learning to pick your battles is an important life lesson.
Excellent advice!
GreenArcher

Post by GreenArcher »

I don't fight with her really I just say ok as if I really am listening n she stops thinking that I have reformed back to strict bible rules. But I'm happy that when I do chose something my mom will support me. She's not strict and doesn't really force a religion us. Unlike my aunt.

Return to “Teen Concerns”