College Pagans - Dos and Donts

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Lorena

College Pagans - Dos and Donts

Post by Lorena »

Hey all, I'm a few months into my freshman year at college and figured it would be helpful to post some of the things I've figured out about practicing the craft in college. So, to start nowhere in particular:
Do be aware of your roommate and their beliefs, and respect them. You're probably going to be living with this person for awhile, so it's good to be as easy as possible. That said,
Do feel comfortable asking your roommate for privacy in your room when you need it. However,
Don't kick them out for hours on end. My roommate does that to me all the time and it is a n n o y i n g!
Do know your school's rules for candles and incense etc, and if they aren't allowed, know how to work around them. I can get away with candles but not incense (poor ventilation and my roomie has asthma). Scented candles are great, and you can always dress candles with certain oils in the place of incense. NEVER LEAVE A CANDLE BURNING PAST WORKING WITH IT!
Do capitalize on your resources. There are more than you think. Recently I made an offering to the local spirits of an apple and a grapefruit I'd taken from the dining hall - not as romantic as finding them yourself, but it works.
Don't forget the Fae!!!!!!! This one is especially important. The Fae and House Spirits in dorms can be very mischievous, and understandably so - every year they have a new crop of people to have fun with! Make friends with your local spirits, but also remember to be firm with them. My dorm was built in 1837 and so has a lot of spiritual activity - little imps steal my things all the time, but are immediately receptive to the old trick of writing 'Fae' on a sheet of paper with a command (I usually use something along the lines of 'tied down, thieves are bound, til what's lost is found').
Do be resourceful with your altar or workspace. My roommate is not particularly keen on witchcraft, but I have a sheet hung over my window (which has a ledge of about a foot) which neatly covers up whatever work I need to do.

This is a very short list, feel free to expand on it!

Return to “Teen Concerns”