I love my religion, but i need help!

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
Tornadofire-Sylva

I love my religion, but i need help!

Post by Tornadofire-Sylva »

List of problems I need help with:
•I have to go to midnight mass, because if I don't, everyone will be like 'Why not' and I cant bear to let my grandparents down. But I'm not Christian. Plain and simple. And I cant tell them.
•I cant burn candles, I don't have a private place, and j cant get the supplies I need for my altar.
•I cant celebrate very well without anyone to celebrate lammas with. And if I'm doing burnt offerings in our chimnea outside, my parents will send me to a mental hospital, and if they don't, someone else in my family will.
• And if someone throws holy water on me,(Tells me about my religion through their eyes and does the 'you're going to hell's ) again, I am going to lose my temper. I cant deal with it, and the biggest mouth in my school found out......oh grief..
•My parents. (End of story.)
“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill
AariadaWillow

Post by AariadaWillow »

Coming from someone in the exact same position as you, I'm going to give you some advice that you might not like lol....
The best tools you can have are your hands, the best celebrations are in your heart, and the best reward is for your patience :)
Tornadofire-Sylva

Re: I love my religion, but i need help!

I like that idea......
AariadaWillow

Post by AariadaWillow »

Good :)
You'll get there. Try reading the book teen witch by silver ravenwolf. It's a great book for those of us in that position, and its a good one to try to get a family member to read.
AutumnMaidens

Post by AutumnMaidens »

First of all I would like to offer my admiration for your patience and your energy; I have had the unfortunate experience of people like this but luckily never as close to home. I might be able to offer some advice though…

Herbs are pretty safe, growing them and using them. Maybe not to make incense but growing your own mint and brewing your mother a cup of fresh mint and honey tea to help calm her might work. If your mother likes gardening you can ask her how to take care of your plants and ask if you can grow some simple herbs in your garden or in your room, she would be none the wiser.
Collecting seashells, stones and what not is hardly ever frowned upon or questioned and can all be easily used in ritual work by engraving symbols into them or charging them with wishes and burying them within Mother Nature.
Cooking; if your mom loves to cook or bake you could work together with her, help her make bread for Easter using specific ingredients for Ostara, or make traditional meals with a magic touch. Bake cookies using fresh vanilla to strengthen family bonds, use basil to clear the air after a fight etc. etc.

I hope this helps even a little and I wish you the best of luck.
Brightest of blessings
"If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain,
soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone.
Our bible IS the wind and the rain."
Tornadofire-Sylva

Iloveyallsomuch Thank you, this is perfect!

Return to “Teen Concerns”