I Don't Know What To Do

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
RebelFlower

I Don't Know What To Do

Post by RebelFlower »

I am having major problems with my life, especially at school. Because of so many different things. I discovered Wicca over the summer and I'd looked into a lot of different religions and this one just clicked with me. but i was new to the school I'm at right now, and i started to like this one guy, and as the year has gone on I've noticed that i started to think about liking girls too but also liking guys. A bunch of people at my school know what i am, many of them try and say I'm a Satan worshiper so i get pissed off because i have a friend who is and both of us get mad when we are called the others religion because we are completely different. I think because i am a Wiccan and people know that, they are scared of me because almost no one ever messes with me and always seem like they are afraid i will hurt them. And my life has been messed up for almost 3 years now and I've been depressed as hell. well a couple weeks ago the guy i like asked for a piece of gum (that's what it all started over, Gum, this year) and i said i got it from my friend (i don't want to say her name) and he said "oh, isn't she lesbian?" and i said no she's bi there's a big difference. he then asked if one of my other friends was bi and i said "Yea she is, and so am i" he freaked out, and said a bunch of crap which made me mad. the only time he talks to me now is if he has to or if we are talking about football. and as much as i am mad at him, i still majorly like him and still want to go out with him. and he knows i like him which makes me feel even more depressed because of stuff he has said on account of the fact he knows. and i just cannot deal with him, grades, choir, and everyone messing with me. i just really want some advice on who to get out this depression I'm in.
Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because It Happened.

I Consider Myself A Crayon... I Might Not Be Your Favorite Colour, But One Day You're Going To Need Me To Complete Your Picture.
Wishing_Teen8987

Re: I Don't Know What To Do

Post by Wishing_Teen8987 »

Well, I'm assuming your about 13-15ish? Because I'm 13, and I'm sorry to say, but, if the guy freaked out because you told him you were bi, chances are, he's not mature enough to date someone that likes girls and guys. Most guys wont be mature enough to do this until they're older. Unless he changes, that'd be cool. Maybe if you talk to him about it, like telling him it's not terrible, and juss slowly ease him into accepting it, maybe he'll change. He might not be ready, he could be from a Christian household, raised on that anything but straight sexuality is 'sinnful.' Trust me, if he likes you, or if it's meant to be, it'll happen. I'm sure that wutever happens, is for the best. Dont stress over it too much, love (:
CristryShannon

Post by CristryShannon »

I so angree with Wishing_Teen...!
Your story reminds me a story of myself,almost 1 year ago,when i told my (ex)best friends that i am a witch for almost 3 years now..they fricked out and one of them told me to stop doing it or else she would tell my mum what i was...i made her beleive that i wasn't a witch anymore which is not true but still she was not close to me anymore, she afraided of me, im sure she is still afraiding of me but that's not the end of the world! The boy you liked fricked out with your answer cause obviously he doesn't relize the difference between bisexuals and homosexuals. So try to start over with him...try to be friends make him acept you however you are, make him relise the big word that he said if that doesn't work then say bb to him and find someone else...like i said it's not the end of the world...!
I hope i helped you a bit!:)
Blessed be !! :) :) :)
The best words of <3 are hidding into the silence of a look...
What can't be heard it doesn't mean that it's not there...!
RebelFlower

Post by RebelFlower »

Thank you both i greatly appreciate the advice and i will follow it too. @Wishing_Teen yea im 13 too and his family is catholic. @Cristry yea i think i mite have over reacted but i think that if i was homosexual instead of bi he wouldnt have freaked out as much, but either way im going to try and start over which will be easier because we wont have seen each other for 2 weeks

I Consider Myself A Crayon... I Might Not Be Your Favorite Colour, But One Day You're Going To Need Me To Complete Your Picture.
CristryShannon

Post by CristryShannon »

Yeap! A new start is always good for everyone try not to freak him out again and everything would be just fine! :P :D :)
Blessed be! newangel
The best words of <3 are hidding into the silence of a look...
What can't be heard it doesn't mean that it's not there...!
Kei Kawazu

Post by Kei Kawazu »

Honestly when I was in a chat room and found alot of the people there were bisexual I got a little freaked out too, took a while to set in though. But I was raised wierd, for example my twin brother thinks even straight sex is sinful. Which just hurts because I was confused over similar things before, my mom telling me shit when I was 8 like, it's better to have sex only when your married, or you know what, not at all.

So of course people have issues these days, along with movies and such portraying homo/bi-sexuals in bad ways, or with most shows they only have straight couples.

Most of the music in America seems to be christian influenced even if it's not christian. Etc.

I don't even know what to think in terms of religion now so I just avoid it because alot of people can be manipulators and liars on the internet as well. Or misguided. I suppose. Also in america most boys are afraid of being called things like fag gay a homo etc. So that prevents alot of bisexual and homosexual tendencies and frowns upon it severely anyways, even straight kids were afraid being called that. So depending on where you are I'd say its very normal for him to freak out lolll.
RebelFlower

Post by RebelFlower »

yea i live in a small town in texas. very very religious town, and the town i go to school in is very religious too. and i have noticed that about the music

Wishing_Teen8987

Post by Wishing_Teen8987 »

Yeah, I think this is A.) a typical boy response and B) A typical christian or catholic response to bisexuality and homosexuality. And to me, I'm used to it now, but when I was first exposed to it, I was a little uncomfortable because it was new to me. He might juss be taken off guard. I'm sure he'll come around. Maybe pray a little to see if the Goddess will help him see that its not such a bad thing to like girls and guys? (: Dont streesss too muc though. :P
13Lotuses

Post by 13Lotuses »

Frankly, if he is SO immature and narrow-minded that he is unwilling or unable to accept you for who and what you are, then find someone else! This applies to ANY relationship, whether your interest is male or female, Straight or Otherwise. I may sound insensitive, but it is true. You will find someone far better and more accepting of the "real" you. Besides, in a few years you will likely remember him as "that silly crush from high school". Things will turn out for your highest good. I guarantee it ;).

P.S. I am also 13. Strange (But funny!).
Growing from mud, although challenging, offers great promise.

Return to “Teen Concerns”