I dont know how to tell my family I'm a Wiccan

Teenagers are a special bunch with concerns different than adults. Teens can chat with each other here and learn from one another.
darkangel721

I dont know how to tell my family I'm a Wiccan

Post by darkangel721 »

I have been a Wiccan for about a year now and still have no idea how to tell my family (who are all some form of Christian) that I have chosen to become a Wiccan. The one time I tried to bring it up to my mom, by talking about the Goddesses and Gods, she jumped to the conclusion that I believed in the Roman or Greek way, and seemed so upset that I felt that way that I havent brought it up again. Any insight would help because I am tired of feeling like I am lying to my family. Thanks in advance!

~Rowan~
Symandinome
Banned Member

Re: I dont know how to tell my family I'm a Wiccan

Post by Symandinome »

I understand that you feel like your lying to them but is it really any of their business what you yourself personally believe in? Is it going to help them in any way by knowing? Personally I do think honesty is the best policy for all things but sometimes its better to hold that honesty to a more suiting time. If you are still living at home why not give it sometime till you are independent and living on your own. When we break the news to people its not always well received and I for one wouldnt want to live the next few years in a household where it may not be well received and certain consequences could happen from my divulging so early in the game. Loose lips sink ships. Onl y you know how your parents will really act and you should really consider that before telling them. If you have only been involved for a year I wouldnt suggest telling them. Chances are you are not really equipped as of yet to answer or defend your beliefs in a manner that will be able to be logically received. Ask yourself this. Do you really know the history of your relgion and where it comes from. Do you know how to explain it in a manner that people will be able to understand and except or will you be doning a lot of stumbling and saying uh uh uh im not sure and making yourself look like a fool. When ever you tell anyone you usually get one of three responses.. 1. Your a devil worshiper and we are going to church to get you saved and dont bring that shit in my house. 2. Wow thats cool can you tell me more OR 3. they look at you like a weirdo and start asking you questions to make you look stupid.

In any of those situations you damn well better know the information they want to know WHEN they ask it or you are just going to be dismissed as a fool.
darkangel721

Post by darkangel721 »

Thank you very much. I will wait for the correct opportunity, and will further research so that i will feel comfortable and confident in answering their questions.

~Rowan~
MeallaAoi

Post by MeallaAoi »

I personally think that's the best choice, darkangel.
lasto i lamath, erin gwaew, i lammath lin edair. avo osto! aphada ven thanc, ar u dhir tira. last' inn tegitha...

Mornië illumë na mahtanna calina...
Tempest Flair

Post by Tempest Flair »

From now on, Im thinking about posting a response to all posts like this, because its something important to me, being a teen Witch myself.

I told my mom that Im a Wiccan, but my dad (who no longer lives with me) comes to visit. He was talking about the Romans and Ceasar, who was Pagan and worshipped statues and primal nature. I felt as if it was incorrect, but hes seen my alter and books, but he doesnt believe in Witchcraft at all.

I do agree- who says its any of their buisness? Done sneak around and hide, of course, but if they ask-tell them!

I hope this helps- will you post back and tell us how it goes?

Blessed Be!

Return to “Teen Concerns”